video card help on HP laptop...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MySunRoofWorks, Sep 21, 2003.

1. MySunRoofWorks

MySunRoofWorks INCONCEIVABLE!

Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on th
    I'm having a problem loading battlefield on my newlaptop.. HPze4400, AMD1.7GHz, 512DDR ram, radeon igp 320m 64MB video card. The radeon is a shared memory card. I am able to load to the point of selecting a mission, as soon as the mission starts to load, the computer bounces back to the desktop. Any ideas? More ram maybe?

2. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

seems like you have the minimum requirments, I am going to give you advice on the obvious...

check to make sure you have the latest version of the game...download the patches

check to make sure you have the latest video card drivers

as for anything else, i'll let someone else take care of it, generally those are the things to get out of the way

3. MySunRoofWorks

MySunRoofWorks INCONCEIVABLE!

Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on th

Yeah I've made sure everything is up to date... still having the problem I know BF is a pretty graphics intensive game... Anyone have any experience with the shared Ram video cards?

4. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

you might try cahnging the setting for the shared mem.
    Boot into your BIOS by pushing F2 repeatedly as soon as the laptop boots, and on the first screen of the BIOS go down to "UMA Video Memory" and change it from "Auto" to "64MB", you'll never miss it out of 512. Just make sure you F10 to Save and Exit instead of Esc to exit w/o saving.

5. Q (_) /\ l)

Q (_) /\ l) Lurkage

try upgrading your windows media player to one of the newest versions if you already haven't. Used to have that problem, that may be yours as well. Just a shot.