Video card damaged

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gimp, Nov 25, 2007.

1. gimp

gimp man put down my papaya OT Supporter

Jan 10, 2005
    so i left my custom built desktop at home in some boxes over the summer while i was studying abroad. found out we moved and apparently a moving company was hired to move all the stuff. fast forward to today, i finally took the pc out of the box and plugged everything in, but the vid card is fucked up beyond belief. it's a radeon x800 (pci-express), and seems i get no signal to the monitor (which is fine) unless i jiggle the card for 4 to 5 minutes (or take it out and put it back in) until i see something on it:ugh2:

and then when i'm using it sometimes the vid card just crashes randomly. everything was working A-ok before i left this summer, so i'm guessing it was damaged while moving. but i have no idea why it acts randomly now when i'm using it (which has become sporadic). i have no other vid card at the moment to test out the slot either so any ideas would be helpful

cliffs: pc got fucked up by moving company, vid card now gone to shit
  2. jbuffethed

jbuffethed Member

Aug 10, 2003
    Depending on how long ago you moved. I think you can claim it as stuff that was broken in the move. If they packed it, they are liable.