Video Card Advice

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LongDongWong, May 6, 2004.

1. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

I was going to sell my old video card and wanted to get everyones opinion on how much I should sell it for to a coworker??
    Video Card= GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64mb
    Its about 1.5 years old bought it for $199.99 (price is there to get an idea of how long ago I bought it) any advice would be helpful.....plus its a big jump from his old card

2. DiScoTeknix

DiScoTeknix Guest

You can find that card on pricewatch for $90, I would price it a bit lower then that, but that's up to you. I have the same card but 128mb version, picked it up for 180 at fry's not too long ago, seems prices dropped dramaticly with the new 6800's and such. :(

3. Evil_Gemini

Evil_Gemini New Member

You should be a ble to get atleast AU$100 to AU$120 for it.

Just put it in the paper because them ti cards are really good dx8 cards and some run games even better (ti 4600) than the fx cards but fx cards will beat a ti card in dx9 games :)

4. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

It depends on the card. There isn't a geforcefx card under $200 that will outperform the ti4200. For some reason, though, they're selling for about $60-$80 now. I have a ti4200 that plays Farcry seemlessly. It's a 4x agp w/ 64mb RAM. If it's a computer savy friend sell it to him for $80 or so. If it's just some guy that you work with that doesn't know that much about computers try and get as much as you possibly can out of him. It's easy to find websites that still sell them for $150 or so. Just do some surfing and show those to him and he'll pay more. He'll probably be pretty happy with it too.

5. LongDongWong

LongDongWong U can call me Mr.Wong

i was thinking of selling it for $80 -$100 depending on my conscience (sp?)
    plus he does not know much about computers.....the balls in my court...hehehehe