VGA switch to hookup my 360 to my CRT (w/ computer)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jay487, May 26, 2008.

1. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

I posted this in Gamers Pulse but think it might be more relevant here....

I'm purchasing the VGA cable from Microsoft for the xbox, and now I'm going to order this electronic VGA Switch and a male to male VGA cable so I can go back and fourth between my PC and 360 with the push of a button.

Has anyone done this, and is this switch going to work OK? Anyone have a better recommendation? Just seeing if anyone has experience with this before I buy it. :dunno:

Thanks in advance

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

no diff than a basic kvm minus the km.

honest, CRT? come on.

3. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

I know what it is, Im asking if it's gonna work with a 360 :dunno:

? CRT > LCD for gaming for one... and secondly im getting the 360 for free and im not gonna buy a new lcd monitor just for this

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i need to get something like this also. my hdtv only has one vga input. a dvi to hdmi cable results in a crap picture (it's only 1366x768)

i have my desktop hooked up to it, but also have my dreamcast wanting to use vga (dreamcast looks like an arcade machine with vga :bowdown:)

i don't even need an electronic switch, just something cheap. i don't like swapping cables everytime i want to switch between my desktop and dreamcast

5. Forgotten

Forgotten New Member

i got a vga switch from Micro Center for like 30 bucks. You turn a knob and it goes from 360 to my computer on the same monitor. Works perfect as far as I can tell.

6. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i'm probably going to pick up something like this:
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1010602&p_id=245&seq=1&format=2#description
    (i'm not sure why they specifically state that it will not work with windows vista)

monoprice has switches for half that price, but some people reported ghosting problems.

i kind of wanted one that was not electronically switched, because it takes up another outlet

edit: maybe i'll go ultra cheap and get this one, it doesn't require external power. i wonder about the picture quality though
    http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Port-KVM-Keyb...ryZ67269QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

7. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

when i was in A school for the navy and had limited space, i just bought a samsung lcd for my laptop/360, i used the DVI for lapper, and VGA for the 360. it was handy, while waiting for games online i could go back to browsing newegg ;)