Very weird boot problem..havn't found ANYTHING online

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by x deaD piXeL, Oct 7, 2008.

1. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

Hi,

I am having a problem booting my Vista x64. I installed a TCP/IP Sys batch, and I started having this issue. Whenever I boot, it tells me it couldn't find a digital signature for tcpip.sys. Access violation was something along the lines of 0xc0000427. Safe mode stops before that file too. I've tried all the safe mode and advanced options. The ONLY fix I've found online is to use "Disable windows driver signing" or something to that nature. This is supposed to be a fix that you have to apply every time. Annoying huh?

But it doesn't work. In fact, it actually gets to the loading bar window of Vista, and then gives me a BSOD. This one tells me "An attempt was made to write to read-only memory" on netio.sys. Then it does a memory dump, and starts over.

I don't have a Vista CD, and since I just bought the PC (new, from a private party), I havn't backed up my files.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Please help me out here OT! :)

2. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

Solved.

Actually had to hook it up to a friends computer as a non-boot HD, transfer my files, format it, then hook it back up, reinstall windows XP this time, ha, and then transfer files back.

What a mess. :S

3. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

is this one of those batch files that increases the TCP connection limit/patcher for Vista?

if so, did you use the correct patcher for your tcpip.sys version?

4. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

I thought Vista did this automatically and there was no limit or higher limit than xp? I remember looking at this when vista first came out and everyone was saying they did the patch and had boot problems. :dunno:

5. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

there is still a limit. it varies between vista versions. Ultimate has the highest at 25.

boot problems happened mainly because there are different versions/releases of tcpip.sys file.
    Vista 64-bit also has integrity checks which led me to believe is the cause of the thread starter's problem.
    the fix is to disable TCPIP auto-tuning and the integrity checks.

nevertheless,.. IME, I think none of these patches are working though. some claimed great results but I see no difference w/ or w/o the patch in my rig (via utorrent).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008