Very lame software upgrade policy...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by agent0068, Feb 26, 2008.

1. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

My wife had bought the academic version of Aperture 1, is still in school, and went and bought the Aperture upgrade online ($99). Well, we go to install, it asks for the upgrade serial and the old serial, claiming the old one is invalid. Turns out, academic versions can't be upgraded which is pretty shitty (they try to make you buy the full version!).

I thought no problem, a simple phone call ought to take care of this. After being transferred about 5 times where I asked to simply swap for an "academic-friendly" serial, the solution was to FedEx the physical CD back to Apple for a return, and then go out an buy a full version academic copy from the college instead. There's time and money well spent. In the end, I spent *LESS* by taking this approach, but whatever, if Apple doesn't want my money, so be it.... :o

just thought I'd share in case there's any other potential upgraders on here....make sure you're actually *allowed* to upgrade or you're just in for some very silly and unnecessary frustration...

2. ROFLCORE

ROFLCORE Guest

3. hellsspawn

hellsspawn New Member

its the same with the student versions of office...

4. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

serial box

5. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

Seriously I have bought over $5k in software from adobe and apple , but if they made it that hard to give them my money I'd slide my ass over to TPB and crack-a-lak-alak.

6. mojito

mojito New Member

aperture sucks. use Lightroom

/problem