Very hard to slim down, but need to: help.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Slick, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slick

Slick New Member

I'm 6'0 and a half. I weight about 205 lb. I'm an ice hockey player though, I'm not fat. I have chubb on my upper body that I need to cut off, I'm looking to cut to about 180-190, I'm still in school, so its hard for me to follow a strict diet. I want to lean down for speed in hockey, and to fit into my clothes with a "sleeker look", trust me I've read all stickies about 6 meals a day, lift, cardio, etc. What do you recommend for a guy still in school, turkey wraps? salads? what for breakfast? :x:

Thanks guys.

2. maskednegator

maskednegator Kosmonaut, best we've got...

who counts to the nearest half inch? wtf.
    when i was in college, i ate ramen with eggs and cheese. i suggest you not do this.

3. Slick

Slick New Member

haha, yes i'm not going to do that. I think I'm going to try and substiute my pizza and cookie meals for oatmeal/turkey wraps/salad and lean meat.

4. maskednegator

do you bring up being in school because money is an issue for you?

5. Slick

Slick New Member

No sir. The reason is that I have no time for a scheduled/calorie counting diet.

6. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

School isn't an excuse. People work full-time, have familes and run households, yet they manage to do it.

Pre-plan meals in advance so that you know how many calories are in a serving...

7. maskednegator

everyone is busy, and lots of people can do it. you've got to ditch that mindset. It'll help if you stock your house with good food, that way when you're hungry you reach for the chicken and sweet potatoes in the kitchen, instead of driving to get a burrito because it's convenient. fibrous greens also make you feel full for longer after you eat, so keep spinach or something in the fridge as well.

8. Slick

Slick New Member

anybody want to help me, besides this fag, i know it isn't an excuse. I'm trying to just slim down. I don't think I need a super strict diet for that.

9. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

10. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

Pussy hurt, much?

You say you've read the n00b guide, so why not put what you've read into action. Eat well, lift, do cardio.

Fag!:fawk:

11. Soldier101

Soldier101 Member

come on guys, relax a bit...

cut out sodas, cut out white bread, cut out all of your unhealthy fast food, eat healthy, veggies (fresh) etc and do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) That should lose the weight you want......

12. Slick

Slick New Member

:mamoru: that hurt :hsd:

13. ericande

ericande Active Member

Well, whatever you've been eating hasn't worked for you so maybe you should try a strict diet :rolleyes:

I have a very strict diet I eat two days a week and then just try to be reasonably careful the other 5 days. Working well so far. Are you in a dorm or do you have access to a full kitchen?

14. Slick

Slick New Member

Access to a full kitchen.

15. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

then what's the problem? stop being a bitch and learn to prep food. he said exactly what needs to be said, you just want to hear something else. people with your mindset are pathetic.

16. ericande

ericande Active Member

Then sorry, but no excuses. On Sunday or whatever day is good for you, prep a bunch of food. You can get sandwiches ready, boil eggs, ect. You mentioned wraps earlier, if you are using tortilla shells, those aren't great for you. Track everything you eat on fitday.com for awhile so you know where you're at. If you're playing a sport, I'm assuming you are exercising a ton so it should easy for you to lose the weight you want. If you read the stickies, do what they say, no one is going to tell you any magical advice that makes eating perfectly simple, you have to make an effort.

17. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

salads and grilled chicken, both should be readily available at your cafeteria

do your best not to stay up too late (late night binges of pizza killed me in college)

don't sweat calorie counting or anything like that at this stage. Just start making smarter choices...wheat bread over white, grilled chicken over fried, etc.

you've got a stellar workout everyday so with the right eating habits the weight should drop off fast

18. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I recommend changing your mindset and actually being willing to do what it takes to meet your goals.

19. Plan B

Plan B New Member

:werd:

I'm a single father, working full time and my son is invovled in martial arts, sports, etc...

Yet I still have enough time to make my meals and do my workouts.

School is one shitty excuse.

20. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

ding ding ding ziiinnggg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.