SRS Very emotional day for me on my last day at work

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, May 17, 2006.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

I didnt expect today, the last day on my job to be this emotional and heart felt. Going through today, what it made me realize is, people who you spend so much time with every single day, are around for so many months or however long, well...become a huge influence and part of your daily life. Some people may feel a lot closer to you than you may ever think. But its not until its a time like this, where one leaves that they show their feelings towards you.

Nobody wanted to me leave. I am going to miss them and they are going to miss me. Though I promised I will still keep in touch with quite a few there, its just not the same. The inner feeling hits you just like that of bam...you are no longer working there and will not have these wonderful people around you for 8 hours a day Mon-Fri. :wtc: These people to interact with, say hi to, bye, ask how they are doing, how their day has been, and so on. Little things like this we must all, always appreciate it and never take it for granted. You never know, it could happen when least unexpected. Even for the past week or even 2 weeks, since I submitted my notice, people kept asking when im leaving, why, saying they dont want me to, etc. I didnt think it would be this touching though. Ive learned that you can never underestimate just how much people care about you.

I come into work this morning. Co-workers offer to buy me lunch. I even had a couple who normally sit in another room than me, move into my room for the day just to have me around them. :hs: That right there, says a lot. It almost made me cry because it showed just how much they didnt want me to leave. You may not always agree on the same things, you may have your arguements, but deep down they really care for you as a person and as a friend.

Througout the day, emails from co-workers wishing me luck saying goodbye. 3 co-workers took me out for lunch and that right there, once again was very caring. A picture says a thousand words. That was a moment to remember. Just how caring these people were towards me.

The managers came up to me, saying their goodbyes, wishing me luck, shaking my hand. They really didnt want to see me leave. :hs:

I even had people who I have never even talked to come up to me and say goodbye, asking where im going, why im leaving. These two girls that I have been madly attracted to right from when I first laid my eyes on them many many many months ago...came up to me with a smile asking where I was going. :hs: These are two girls who we have never officially introduced each other to, never gotten to know each other...and yet once they saw me as everyone was leaving the office, saying goodbye to the manager...they walked up to me and were so caring...they were curious. Do you think this is a sign of them caring about others that they dont even nessecarily know? In this case, it would be me. Cause why would they ask right? I could tell that they didnt want to see me leave, even though they didnt know me as a person. The two girls who I have been struggling for many many months to even say hi to, be myself around them...end up talking to them in a very casual friendly easy going manner on the final day im there. How ironic is that. I feel bad because of the constant oppurtunities Ive had, and yet wasnt able to talk to them and be myself until the very last day. Too little, too late. They were such nice friendly girls, and Im proud of myself that I was able to show that back to them just how easy going friendly of a person I am as well.

Its definitely a moment that stings and not in a good way, but nothing I can really do to turn back time now.

BTW, I do plan on paying a visit to them...as they want to see me, and I want to see them. Im still trying to accept that I will no longer have these people around me. Something that I had the joy of for the past 6 months.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  2. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Why did you leave this job? Moving or get a better offer elsewhere?

I've been at my job nearly 14 years. I don't plan on leaving unless we move out of state or they decide my time with them is done :noes:

I don't know how I would do on my last day if it were to come :hs:

3. JakobwithaK

at

I left for a couple reasons. One it was gettin to the point where I was so disinterested that it was depressing and very unmotivating. Two, I really need a change and get my career started. Do what I want to do, what I dreamed of all my life right now! Not in another six months, not in a year, but now.

I almost cried when I got home earlier. I still dont feel all that well. Its a feeling that is hard to describe. I feel lonely, abandoned, but in a way dissapointed in myself for not making certain relationships that could have happened, happen. Now that oppurtunity is all gone. (The two girls Im talking about here).

I was getting my thoughts together and it is just so ironic how we end up finally talking on the very last day on the way out from the office. :o I also found out today, that one of those two girls who I thought I had known her name, I didnt. I had her mixed up with someone else. And also she is pregnant and is leaving on a maternity leave next week. Just so ironic how this all unfolded. But the other girl is most likely staying from what I was told.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

They said that those who look back aren't fit for the kingdom of God.

So don't look back, move forward and work hard to make the best out of your new job and your new situation.

5. JakobwithaK

The most upsetting thing is the fact that I failed to make things happen between those two girls and I. I had every oppurtunity given to me, some a bit more difficult than others, but also some handed over on a gold platter. And I failed in showing that initiation, in wanting to become at least friends. Because if we had that friendship, we wouldnt be ending things here, today would only be a new beginning of an ongoing relationship.

6. JakobwithaK

Thats very true. I need to stay positive and think of my new job as something that is only building from this one. Right now I see it as restart from day one all over again :wtc:

Not being able to fully take advantage of so many open possible friendships is very depressing.

I suppose the positive thing that comes from it with the two girls is that I was able to leave things off on a positive kiel. I showed them just how friendly of a guy I am, by finally able to be myself and talk to them. Though it was very short, it was done and that was accomplished - though bit too late.

WHen they said bye to me and wished me luck, and I did the same and smiled...the feeling I had in my stomach walking away from them was one of the worst feelings I have ever had.

I guess how you could see it is, I will eventually be going back to visit. So hopefully, then that one girl will still be there - I know the other one will not. Which is a damn shame, because I most likely will never run into her again and see her stunning pretty face of an angel. :wtc:

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  7. JakobwithaK

i know this sounds lame, and pathetic...but ill admit, the biggest thing that i will miss most on this job? Is not able to see those two girls everyday. They were just breathtaking, wow. Even if I didnt know them, having them around me was what motivated me to go to work. They were the only thing i would look forward to every morning waking up, and going to work...is knowing they will be there. Without them, I doubt I would have been able to pull it off for this long.

8. JakobwithaK

9. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Maybe you can still pursue a friendship with the girls now that you aren't working there :big grin: Relationships with coworkers = :nono: Makes things even worse later on if things dont work out. Now that you are out of there, no reason not to keep in touch...just make sure you are still moving on with your career goals though :)

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I just want to say: I hope you get hit by a fucking train. After all your fucking bullshit about that job killing you, you post this bullshit? This is not a forum for your middle school histrionics. Stay the fuck out of here.

11. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Well all the crap I daily see in OT, I'm going to have to second.