SRS Very disappointed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ford4Life, May 18, 2009.

1. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I hav been unemployed for 5 months, by choice, as I resigned from my last position. I appied for a few position last month, and was selected for an interview. My background is a very good fit to this position, and is very similar to what I had done in one of my previous positions.

My first interview was 4.5 HOURS long, with 5 people. They called back, and ask that I do a phone interview with another manager who was unabmel to make it during my first interview, which I did, and lasted an hour. After all that, they asked me to come in again, for another interivew with the hiring manager and HR. I did that, it was another hour. After my last interview I was told they'd be calling my references and get back to me.

This morning, I got the standard reject email from HR. They didn't call my references, I asked if anyone called and they said no. I think after 3 interviews, and 6.5 hours of interviewing, they at least owe me some kind of explaination rather than a damn form letter reject email. :(

Sorry, just venting more than anything. :sadwavey:

2. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

Have you called them to find out the reasons you weren't selected?

3. 7960

7960 New Member

I feel for you, but

no they don't.

keep applying, something will come up.

4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I emailed the HR person as well as the hiring manager, no reply yet. I probably won't get one.

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I got a reply saying they didn't think I was a good fit for the organization. :( They couldn't have reached that conclusion after the first 4.5 hour interview?

I'm about ready to just give up.

6. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

they probably had more than one candidate going through 4.5 hour interview

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

There was 2 of us they interviewed, they told me that. If it was clear I wasn't going to be a fit, then I don't understand the need for the second and third interviews.