GUN very ballsy possum!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dsking85, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i guess this is WMD related,

I was sitting in my backyard doing a little target practice with my compound bow. I was standing about 10 feet away from the door from my garage and i hear a rustling sound inside. Out walks this big ass possum. This gross thing walks about 15 feet in front of me, stops and stares at me, then walks about 10 feet in front of my target and starts chewing on a plant. i sat there watching it for like 5 minutes but I'm no hunter so i didn't shoot it but now i'm having second thoughts since i don't really want a possum living in my garage. I should have ended it, but i wonder if he knows how close he came to death. i've never seen one so ballsy though!

2. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

you should have shot that thing :slap:

3. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

yea, it walked right past me again and back into my garage so now i think i should've done it. i don't really have anything i can shoot inside my garage so i guess it escaped certain doom.

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Dude wtf...

Opossums are incredibly filthy nasty motherfuckers, hell bent on reproducing and taking over your home with infestations of rabies, filth, and AIDS.

They are ALWAYS a kill on sight proposition..... No matter if you have a gun or not. Aggression is the name of this game, so reach down deep and snatch up whatever testicular fortitude you posses.

Run up on that bitch screaming and waving your hands in the air. If you are not too girly, the opossum will freak and go into sneaky mother-fucker mode, where it will play dead. Fuck that shit, and don't give in to it's devious deceptions (You know better..... DO NOT show any weakness. They can smell your fear, and will react accordingly). Soccer punt the fuck out of it, aiming for the head. Hopefully this concussive blast will give you enough time to find and employ a manly utensil of death of your choice. I myself am a shovel man as it doubles as both a blunt instrument with needed range, and as a decapitation tool. I've also used golf clubs, rakes, and even fence posts to the cranium via opossum swung by tail in a pinch.

Show no mercy, as the coy bastards will surely do the same to you once they start to push their scourge into your last bastion of sanctity (yo crib).

5. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i went into my garage armed with my .22 with PMC moderators but could not find it. the landlord has tons of worthless shit just laying around in there so it has plenty of places to hide.

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Do not give up the pursuit. It likely knows you are gunning for it, and has moved into guerrilla warfare tactics.

Wear tall boots, and watch for surprise ankle bites from it's bacteria and disease laden teeth. Also consider fortifying your room, and watching at night for any places that it might be able to get in and call for re-enforcements by procreating with others of it's miserable kind.

7. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

I :rofl:'d at "soccer punt the fuck out of it"

8. Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock Blistering Barnacles OT Supporter

:rofl: This made me lol

9. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

:rofl:

10. Willie J

Willie J New Member

i watch my friend beat a possum to death with his boot, because he was out of ammo. my friends and i were like :eek4:, but it floated his boat

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The ones around here are pretty brave too, they won't take off untill you get within a few feet of them. I can't shoot them here either, I've been tempted to try to spear one with my 91/30 before.

You need a dog, my dog had torn a couple of them apart.

12. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

You guys think I'm kidding....... Here's a pic I just took to better illustrate the seriousness of vermin control.

[​IMG]

Taken right outside my backdoor, just a minute ago.

Notice the light projecting into the corner of the barn, giving a perfectly lighted and obstruction free line of sight into the small cubby hole leading to the left. That's not a coincidence. Neither are the two rifles sitting cocked and locked on the way out of the back door, both doped precisely for the 67yds (Via Leica LRF) from said back door, to the lighted area in the barn.

Also of note, and certainly not by chance, are the contents and structure of the lighted area. Walled in by several layers of construction road-signs, boards, straw bails and barn siding tin (on the other side of wall in pic), an ultra-frangible 50gr .224 Vmax will not pass through, nor will a 40gr 22lr projectile.

Housed within the area, you might also note the bags, and the green basin. The green basin contains scraps of dinner leftovers, vegetables, and the remains of a dead rabbit. The bags contain sweet feed, and standard cow pellets, both of which have been sprinkled throughout the floor to lure those who are unwanted in closer with a promise of an excellent last meal.

I put out fresh leftovers when I got in today, and it's still early (6:23pm by my clock). Usually the party starts about 9-10pm, so hopefully I'll be able to record some pixels to better show the results of such proactivity.

13. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

14. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Just the way you worded everything made me lol.

15. no7fish

no7fish New Member

My dad had a problem with one sneaking into the garage and eating cat food at the top of the steps leading to the house. He was watching TV one night and heard something at the steps so he grabbed his .22 revolver and took care of it, took it out and tossed it over the back fence into the woods. A week or so later another noise on the steps....

After a month or so there was no more possum problem around the neighborhood!

16. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Possum defense is SRSBSNS

17. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

18. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

19. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Excellent.

That guy knows what's up.

20. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

:rofl: Super Calibris FTW you can shoot all the varmint you want and your neighbors are never the wiser. :coold: You can also target practice down your hallway, just use a wet phonebook as a backdrop. :mamoru:

21. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've almost done that a couple times with racoons that get in the garbage but I got nosey nieghbors don't need them calling the cops on me, so I just let the dog run anything off. :hs:

22. JP

JP Active Member

My dog cracked mamy possum skulls in his day, i miss the fucker. :hs:

23. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I've punted a possum over a friend's head before.
    I also witnessed my bro in law kill a turkey while sighting in his bow.... Dumb bird walked out of the woods at exactly the same distance that he was shooting:rofl:

24. Alamo_Jake

Alamo_Jake Sorry I'm not sorry.

:rofl:

fuckin' word man.

25. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Now you guys got me excited for possum killing again. I shot some when I was in Costa Rica once and we ate them (greasy mother fuckers) and I shoot them whenever I visit my parents because they live outside of city limits.