TAT Vertical Labret scarring?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cherryfire, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

This'll sound kinda bad..but Im pretty vain about my lips and so I wanna be sure before i do this. I've been eyeing the vertical labret (http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/05-lips/A41123/high/iam00076738.jpg), namely the inverted style, and I think Im about ready to add it to my collection. However...should i decide to take it out later, Im concerned about any potential noticeable scarring/bumping. Anyone know how the middle of the lip heals? I know that most scarring depends on the person....I have removed a nostril piercing and both nipple piercings before with no problem. But the lip seems like different tissue altogether. Any idea?

2. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

I would think that your lip would heal up fairly well (depending on gauge) but that for at least a while you would have a scar site there.

Oh and if you get that done you will be the :wackit: material for many an OTer. (myself included)

3. Cherryfire

...and God only knows how important it is for me to be jerk off material for OT.. ;)

I think Im going to go for this when I return from Japan. Unless someone comes in saying it left a huge lump in the middle of their lip. :hs:

4. Outkasted

Outkasted New Member

Can you feel any of the metal on the inside of your lower lip or does it just go through the lip all the way up?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!(I am 100% newbie, I have no peircings or tats, I just find it all really interesting)

5. audrey

audrey New Member

I have had a horizontal labret done. I took it out about 8 months ago. Althought the hole has closed up to a point I can't jewellery through it there is still a visable hole.

6. Cherryfire

You caught me. ;)