verizon treo 650 questions...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BimmerJustin, Apr 26, 2006.

1. BimmerJustin

BimmerJustin Why would you deny yourself something you want?

1.) I read almost 50/50, good/bad reviews about the phone. Some say its the best thing they've ever owned, some say it would be the best if it worked properly. I really love the design and the palmOS (fucked around with my the one at verizon store) but I dont want to have reliability issues. Can you guys comment...

If it makes a difference, I dont plan on loading it with programs or anything, i just want the full keyboard and general PDA features.

2.) Should I expect the price to drop anytime in the future? its been $350 with a one year contract from verizon for over a year now, and withthe 700w out, will they ever drop the price or will they just stop offering it?

I'm open to suggestions, providing the the phone is available on verizon, and $350 is already overbudget for me, but I'm willing to stretch it that far because I do love the treo.

2. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

you can get if for 200 on treocentral... http://store.treocentral.com/content/smartphones/page-650.htm

I have one and love it, that being said you will have some stability issues.

I have never had it freeze or reset while I am on a call, it probably resets on its own 1-2 times a day. Like it will just be sitting there and reset. Doesn't really bother me though, I mean if it just resets while I'm not using it, it doesn't affect me to much.

3. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

I have one and love it too. I have never had any problems with it, been stable as a rock. (it's cingular though)
    I have seen 2 other ones have reset/stability issues but both turned out to be software programs they both loaded that caused the problems.

4. DINide

DINide New Member

if email is #1 priority get a BB

if a camera and mp3 player is, get a treo

5. Airpoppoff

Airpoppoff Vodka > Racing F1

Do not buy a Treo 650, the price probobly wont drop much, we will probobly drop the price when the 700P comes out.

Out of the 3200 phones we replace every day, 1200 of them are treo's