verizon razr and mac os x - how to transfer files? **oink invite**

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by xenon supra, Jun 11, 2006.

1. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I know I can do it through bluetooth because I'm doing that right now. But is there a way to go through the usb cable and just browse the files on my phone? is there a driver somewhere that i need to download.

my phone is the moto razr v3c if any of you don't mind taking a look for me.

whoever helps me out can have an oink invite if they want it. Thanks. :x:

2. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

Why not just use bluetooth? I know with windows, you need to download a driver to get it to charge through USB. I'm not sure if a driver exists for OSX to interface with the phone. Bluetooth works fine with my Cingular RAZR

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

well my phone has old firmwear that supports the bluetooth file transfer, but the phone is really slow when navigating through menus and stuff. so i was gonna get the firmwear upgraded (the upgraded version doesnt suppport bluetooth file transfer) - and then just use the usb cable to get my ringtones and pictures and stuff. make sense?

4. FakeLarry

FakeLarry Squatters Rights OT Supporter

i have a verizon " the v" and i cannot get the computer to read the phone or vise versa. i have the usb cable too :wtc:
    and my comp is really old so it doesnt have bluetooth
    tell me if you find anything out

5. DjShiznit

DjShiznit Representing Deutschland, yah.

I dunno if there's much you can do about the slow menu browsing speed. As far as I know, it's just a characteristic of Motorolla's "OS". I sure as hell wouldn't give up bluetooth, though. Just go buy a USB bluetooth adapter for $30 or so. Problem solved.

6. Blair

Blair New Member

i can browse my cingular branded razr using bluetooth and booth upload and download files to and from the phone. verizon in the past has taken away some of features on their phones to make you do things like buy their ringtones. you might want to look into the exact functionality that was included on the phone from verizon. OBEX-push technology is what you need to transfer files; they may have this disabled.

7. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

as far as i know, you can only play with system files if you use moto phone tools for windows.....
    ...didnt verizon cripple the bluetooth on their phones?

8. MrBucket

MrBucket OT Supporter

the newest verizon firmware 04 unlocks obex file transfer again, i have it on my v3c and use it with the bluetooth software on my powerbook

9. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

more info?