Verizon Razor Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dominion, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Quick question about the Verizon branded Razor. Did they lock it down like they did with the v710? I bought the v710 about a year and ahalf ago without doing much research first solely so I could use the bluetooth functions only to find out that verizon had removed the transfer protocol (think that's right) so I could barely do shit with it. I could sync it to my hearts content but to actually transfer shit, nadda.

I'm trying to decide between the black cingular or the one that verizon has out right now. I prefer the service of a verizon and in my area they are muchbetter than cingular but I don't want to drop the money on the phone only to find out I can't sync and transfer my address book from any of my computers through BT. If neither one will sync and transfer via BT, then I'll go for the verizon.

2. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

Lock it down? You mean crippled...yes they did.

3. Gai

Gai New Member

Incorrect. The first RAZR V3C's allowed bluetooth file transfers even though officially they "don't". If the software ends in .03 it might not...the .02 versions allowed OBEX transfers. I use mine everyday.

4. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

You can transfer files still but half the shit that verizon lets you do is through their services. Pretty shady if you ask me. I'm glad I left them a long time ago.

edit: with the right tools (i.e. software), you can disable that stuff and use the phone to your hearts content. I'm just lazy and preferred unlocked and unrestricted phones.

5. 98TsiAWD

98TsiAWD New Member

This is why Alltel>Verizon