Verizon customer: what phone should I get?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sirreal, Sep 9, 2007.

1. sirreal

sirreal Unblockable OT Supporter

Oct 6, 2004
    I am with Verizon, because basically they have the best and only decent coverage where I live. I have friends that have T-Mobile, AT&T, and Nextel/Sprint and they all suck for coverage.

The bad part of it is Verizon doesn't have the coolest phones on the market. Ideally, the Sidekick seems to have what I need/want in a phone, but who knows.

Basically this is what I need it for: Internet browsing (heavy browsing), texting, using AIM, using GMail, having some sort of Office on it, being able to add some storage to it if needed. A nice camera would be great, but nothing more than 1.3 MP matters much to me. I want to be able to install some apps on it like GPS stuff or something of that nature (Google Maps?). I don't care too much for music, just want to have a shit ton of my ring tones on there if possible. Something I can change the background too, like a wallpaper. A QWERTY keyboard is needed for sure.

The phones for Verizon that could (saying could because I'm not sure if any of these do all that I want) fit this are:

Motorola Q Black
    Motorola MOTO Q (music 9m)
    Verizon XV6700
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Palm Treo 700p
    Blackberry 8703e
    Blackberry 7130e
    Blackberry 8830 World Edition

Don't think it's asking for too much from a phone, so if anyone knows anything that can do all that I want let me know? :hsd: Thanks guys :hs:
  2. bull1683

bull1683 New Member

Sep 22, 2005
    i just got the 8830 LOVEEE IT, fast browsing, great interface, all around great phone, would definately reccomend it
  3. aex

aex New Member

Aug 30, 2007

Other than the battery life, which is still not as bad as others I've lived with, it's awesome and I love it.

I have a friend back home that put a supercool theme on it for me.

As far a syncing, think twice about anything with windoze mobile if you use a mac. It's not impossible, but it's definitely more work.
  4. asp

asp New Member

Sep 9, 2007