Verizon Crew: LG Dare of Samsung Glyde???

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kingofthewinos, Aug 1, 2008.

1. kingofthewinos

kingofthewinos WTFSeason

What's the difference? Both phones seem to have very similar features. Glyde is the new hotness with a better camera and larger screen but is over $100 more expensive. I've had great luck with Samsung phones but haven't heard a whole lot about the glyde. Is it a cheap POS or is the Dare just overpriced right now because it's new?

2. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

i've read that the touch screen on the glyde is very unresponsive at times...sometimes it will light up like you touched it, but nothing will actually happen

if this is true, i wouldnt take the chance...but i like the design of the glyde more. i wish the dare had a slide out keyboard too

3. sapient

sapient New Member

Yeah, Voyager impressed me more than the Dare, if only because it has a keyboard. I text a lot, and the on-screen keyboard on the Dare just doesn't cut it. Try one out for yourself, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

I also tried the Glyde out, but was seriously more impressed with the Voyager. I'd recommend giving it a try. I ended up buying it and really like it.

4. Willey2cool

Willey2cool New Member

the voyager is just an EnV1 with a touchscreen on the front. get the EnV2 if you want a keyboard

5. sapient

sapient New Member

I wasn't impressed with the env2's keyboard at all, was very awkward to use, the keys are tiny, and I kept hitting wrong buttons, especially with and around the arrow keys.

6. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

i just got the voyager today and so far i like it. it's replacing a moto Q. i have to have a real keyboard, and have pretty big fingers. the voyager has a larger keyboard than the glyde and env2. The voyager and env2 are on sale now, too. got mine for 50 bucks.

7. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

I just went with the dare, bought it off some lady who bought it thinking it was a palm..

i like it so far :dunno:

8. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (htc touch : Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/546; U; en))

Blackberry 8830 is always a good choice, but verizon's mandatory blackberry plan is ridiculous

9. Nucleartiger

Nucleartiger Clemson makes my nipples hard

There I fixed it for you. I currently have the EnV1 and really want a Dare when I can upgrade here in a few months.