Verizon + 3G?...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Swak, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

Jun 3, 2004
    Well it seems 3G is around the corner and I am about to beat the crap out of my v710 phone. I personally don't like it and am prepping to upgrade my phone. My questions are as follows, what upcoming phones are looking sweet that are going to work with verizon and are the starting of the 3G types. I grabbed the V-Cast phones to see what they had listed.

V-Cast phones:
    VX8000 by LG
    SCH-A890 by Samsung

other phones that may do the job for me possibly?
    palmOne Treo 600

RIM BlackBerry 7750

i don't care about camera's if it comes with one it should be good if it doesn't than thats fine.

also i am thinking of buying a sidekick 2 just to have the iming and email capabilities or is there a verizon phone that can do this as well. the Treo?.. i use msging and IM'ing a lot and would like something that can do this well and not be crappy.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. ueberjeff

ueberjeff Save the a liberal.

Dec 30, 2001
    The new RIM Blackberry 7250 is the best of the Blackberrys that Verizon offers. It is smaller than the 7750 and it has bluetooth. The LG 8000 is an awesome phone if you don't need the bluetooth capability, but it is a bit on the large side. Samsung has an EVDO phone coming in May with the 2.0 megapixel camera and bluetooth.