SRS Vent Post (A little long)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by point_game, Aug 17, 2006.

1. point_game

point_game New Member

Just needed to get something off my chest.

So there's this girl that I am absolutely crazy about. We've been friends for about a year but I've had feelings for her that go beyond friendship. Anyway I recently told her how I felt after a party I threw at my place. She was in a hurry but seemed receptive to this and said that we'd talk about it later because she was running late meeting with her parents.

Anyway here's where my problem is. At the same party the night before, she kissed a guy there. She knows that I saw and told me that she felt bad about it and even told her cousin the same thing. I happen to be friends with the cousin and her boyfriend who is actually one of my best friends. They've both been trying to discourage me from pursuing her because they say she isn't "girlfriend material." Apparantly the cousin is saying that the girl I like is talking to at least one other guy aside from party guy.

To make things even more complicated another one of my best friends dated her for about a month. Their relationship ended because he got tired of her talking to one of her "friends" over the phone so much. Once my friend and the girl broke up she started dating her phone friend.

Now I've talked with her before and she's always said that when she's in a relationship she's in it 100%. It's been a few days since the party and I still haven't called because of all of this. Honestly I thought that I'd be too old to have to deal with something like this.

Like I said, I'm really into this girl. Haven't felt this way about anybody since high school. I'm really confused and don't know what to do anymore but I know that I want to still go after her. Am I crazy for this?

Thanks to anybody who reads this. If you guys have any input or advice I'm open to it.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

No reason to not date her because someone else thinks she's not "girlfriend material" w/e that means. She may not have really liked your other friend and that's why she maintained relations with other guys but in all honesty she just sounds like a young, single, college woman to me.

She said she's receptive to the idea so ask her out then see where it goes. Don't let other people decide who you should and should not date. Make up your own mind.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Always take chances

4. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

Hmm. The cynical side of me wants to say that if she was really interested, you wouldn't be in the position you are in right now. Typically, if a girl has feelings for a guy, and the guy tells her that he has feelings for her, a girl won't weakly acknowledge the possibility of mutual feelings and run off because she needs to "talk about it later." From my experience, if a girl is interested, it will be really obvious that she is, especially after you say something to her about it.

Having said that, the optimist in me says that if you really like this girl as much as you say you think you do, you should at least take a chance and you should not give up so easily. Some girls admire perseverance.

Meh, you'll probably keep trying anyways. But my personal opinion is that you really don't like her as much as you like the idea of what she represents to you... there is a very thin line between these two things.