SRS vent, op

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by element4all, Apr 2, 2007.

1. element4all

element4all Active Member

everything in my life has been turned upside down and for the worse. parents yelling and hitting me over grades, getting detenions in school, gf dumping me. everything just killed my self esteem and buried it.

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

shit gets better.... just give it time. You have your future to look forward to.

Imagine how great it will feel when you're out of the house and away from your parents, living your own life the way you want it, and with somebody who is truly special. You can have that if you work hard (and life takes hard work).

3. element4all

yea i cant wait for college. 2 more years til college. woot

and then after college! double woot

4. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

thats happened to me and millions of other people. and on a worse scale.

you have it good, element. some people's parents drink and then go beyond hitting you. And will hit you for something far less important than grades.

Life is good. Just wait it out!

5. TonyMontana

TonyMontana Black and Gold

Life is a constant cycle. Good, bad, good bad. You need to learn to live it up in the good parts and take the bad parts with good gracefulness (i.e. Im having a hard time right now, but I know things will get better.) this mentality will help you move through roughspots faster.

6. element4all

i jut got supended today. :squint: and now my rents wont let me go to puerto rico with my friends for spng break.:wtc: :wtc:

7. Scootin

Scootin OT Supporter

Amen to that. All the shit seems to happen at once, I know...It sounds like a cliche but once you've hit the bottom there really isn't anywhere to go but up! If you persevere and keep your head up, I swear things will get better. All of a sudden, one good thing will seem to lead to another, and you'll be on top of the world. Don't let yourself fall into a kind of self-pity cycle though, that only worsens the situation and you won't allow the good things to come to you. As always, if you need some extra help in your life, you have resources; school guidance counselor, your parents (I know you hate 'em right now, but as you grow older you will realize that your parents are your greatest asset in life), and if needed, a psychiatrist/psychologist. I guess I'll speak for all of OT here and hope I'm correct: Any one of us would be glad to take a few minutes out of our day to talk to you if you need it. We've ALL been there, in one way or another, and many, many people have had it worse than you ever will. :) PM if you want to talk. Hang in there, bud. :wavey:

8. neoamd

neoamd New Member

Things happen for a reason. It won't make sense to you know but be glad your alive, all your limbs work, and you can pee without a catheter in your pecker!

Things will get better, just keep on and leave the past behind you. You can't chagne what has happened but you can chage how thing will afeect you now and in the future. Get to work boss :wavey:

9. element4all

on a positive note here me getting suspended gives me 3 more days added to my spring break, but still no where to go.