SRS VENT: End of a four year relationship

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hbrown023, Aug 29, 2008.

1. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

My heart is broken. Just got out of a four year relationship and I feel pretty crushed. This time I ended it because at the end of the day I didn't feel loved the way that I wanted to feel loved and I knew that 10 years from now I would need that little bit extra of love that I feel like I'm missing now.

While I know what we did is right I feel like I can't breathe right now. He hasn't tried calling, telling me not to leave, saying that he loves me, and like I said I know it's for the best but it hurts like hell and I wish that after four years he would at least say 'but I love you, don't leave'. F.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

*hugs* :hug:

Him not saying i love you, don't leave F, means you two have done the right thing by splitting up. And it hurts like hell, most of us here have been thru it as well, but the reality is that in life you sometimes have to make painfull decisions that will benefit you on the long run.

But of course the emotional attachment is there and deeply rooted. You loved him more then he loved you, and its an emotional truth that love has got to go BOTH ways. *hugs* :hug:

And as all will say only time heals the pain, you deserve someone in your life who loves you back. :love:

3. Leaden Grudge

Leaden Grudge OT Supporter

Maybe you should be thankful. If he said he loves you and wants you back, wouldn't that make this breakup all the more painful?

4. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Things are looking up a little. Haven't cried in a few days so I've got that going for me amirite?

5. NeonImpact

NeonImpact New Member

Exactly. Keep yourself strong and just remember you'll have alot of potential for bigger and better things. :h5:

6. wicked max

wicked max New Member

Yay for you!!! It took me over month to stop crying every night after the end of my four year relationship. Like one of the previous posters said, Time heals. 2 years later i'm doing good. Take the time to revamp yourself and just enjoy the "freedom". it does get easier with time, but i still find myself thinking about her sometimes and it does get me a little sad :hs:. But that doesnt stop me from enjoying myself.