Vendetta Online

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by BwanaKuu, Dec 28, 2008.

1. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I just found this game tonight. Vendetta Online. Space MMO. If you ever played Freelancer, it's very similar, just in MMO form. The combat is based upon skill because you can have full maneuverability(or assisted, you can toggle it on or off) and it's "twitch" style gaming. It's also RPG in that you buy new weapons, do quests, etc. Three factions, two that hate each other, one that is more neutral. It costs $10 a month to play, but no purchase cost.

So far, I'm loving it. They have a 30-day trial giveaway going on right now:

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/31/Vendetta-Online-Extended-Trial-Offer.html

Here's the little blurb they give:
    Vendetta Online is a 3D space combat MMORPG for Windows, Mac and Linux. This MMO permits thousands of players to interact as the pilots of spaceships in a vast universe. Users may build their characters in any direction they desire, becoming rich captains of industry, military heroes, or outlaws. A fast-paced, realtime "twitch" style combat model gives intense action, coupled with the backdrop of RPG gameplay in a massive online galaxy. Three major player factions form a delicate balance of power, with several NPC sub-factions creating situations of economic struggle, political intrigue and conflict. The completely persistent universe and detailed storyline add to the depth of immersion, resulting in a unique online experience. We recommend the Vendetta Introduction to learn more about this product.

Here's the Vendetta Introduction link:
    http://www.vendetta-online.com/h/help.html

Read it all the way through.

My name in-game is Bwana Kuu.

2. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

I loved Freelancer so i'll probably look into it. I love space simulations, but EVE sometimes gets way tedious and bothersome (specially if you're not in any groups) so i've been looking forward to something like this,

I'll give it a twirl once i've gotten a new computer.

3. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

It's a good game but I'm kind of wondering if I'll play much more than this 30 days due to the small playerbase. There's literally only like 30-50 people playing at a time, maybe 100 at peak times. The game world is fairly small so this isn't that much of an issue, it still kind of feels... empty. Still a great space sim game which will hopefully catch on now that they are advertising it (they hardly ever advertise).