Vday ? GF Ungrateful

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mystery Guest, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

So Monday is Valentines Day as you all know.

I usually send the gf flowers to her work, buy her a card and candy, then we go out for dinner at a nice resteraunt.

She made a comment last night that what I do for her is something along the lines of what some kid in High School would do for their GF. She wants jewelry

It kind of pissed me off to some extent. Especially since she knows I am saving for a car right now.

I spent a lot on Christmas for her, we've been together 5 years and living together. We buy each other stuff every day, and personally Vday is an over rated holiday.

Am I being inconsiderate and cheap for not buying the gf jewelry for Vday? Or is she inconsiderate and ungreateful bc she doesnt like what I planned out for us?

2. bella189

bella189 Guest

did she actually say that she wants jewlery? thats kinda pushy imo

maybe she is just looking for something a little different if you do the same thing every year?

i think what you have is a very sweet idea... but after 5 years of 'expecting' the same thing... it might get a little..boring (dont think that is the right word)

I would like it to be mixed up a little so im not expecting it.. at the same time, something that doesnt cost alot, roughly the same as you would spend on the flowers/candy/dinner

i dunno.. good luck!

3. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

Fuck no you're not being inconsiderate!

You get her the usual stuff most people get their SO's, who cares if its not out of the ordinary, V day is waaaaay over-rated.

4. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

How old are you guys? If you're in your early/mid 20's I'm going to say she wants an engagement ring.

5. neebelung

neebelung Guest

I think she's being ungrateful and a bit too materialistic, ESPECIALLY if she knows you're trying to save up for a new car. HOWEVER, as tempted as you might be to cancel the flowers, don't, cus then you'll just end up in the doghouse. If she brings it up again, I would remind her -- gently -- that you're saving up for the car, and that as much as you'd love to buy her jewelry, right now you've got to focus on the big picture. If she can't understand that and gets upset, then she's got issues.

But I DO agree with the idea of mixing it up a little bit.... so you could do something else (costing relatively the same) to surprise her... an afternoon at a day spa (massage, pedicure, etc...) is always a welcome surprise, or an outfit frm her favorite store.

And while I'm sure there are some jewelry items you could buy for roughly the same cost as well, just the fact that she's EXPECTING jewelry would give me pause....

Good luck!!

6. BedBunny

BedBunny Guest

i agree with the above posters. she shouldn't be telling you what she wants. she should be grateful for whatever nice thing you chose to do for her for Valentine's Day.

and may i add she sounds like a spoiled brat.

7. ImDrunkAgain

ImDrunkAgain Resident Mental Health Counselor

Thats stupid... 5 years of being together, living together, spending alot of money on her for other holidays (V-day isnt even really a holiday anyways), and she KNOWS you are currently saving for a car. Sounds like a bitch to me. My gf told me not to get her anything or spend very much money on plans, well, I got her a necklace-earring combo from Jared's for quite a bit of money and I have reservations at a very nice restaurant, and I have 2 dozen flowers on order to deliver to her school.
    your gf really does sound like a spoiled brat, just do what you usually do and tell her to suck it if she complains

8. lizzzardgirl

lizzzardgirl Guest

Seems to me like she's gonna try and see what she can milk out of you. I personally don't expect jewelry on V-day although I do admit it would be nice. Get her whatever you want. If she bitches about it, leave. If she really loves you it should not matter what you get her for V-day. If she has a problem with it, tell her that.

9. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

At least you're gettin her somethin! I have to beg for a card and flowers, and I still dont even get that. She should be grateful and you shouldnt have to oblige to her every want.

10. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

yeah dude thats really selfish of her.

11. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Yup, Tiffany's to be exact :hs:

I'm 28, and she's 31. We've been talking about that lately. She said she doesn't want to get married right now, and she doesn't want kids. Which I am cool with. Then one week later she brought it up. Getting mixed signals.

12. neebelung

neebelung Guest

Hah, I've got the Silver Charm bracelet (the one with the lobster claw closure and the heart tag on it) I'll sell ya for cheap... new in the box (was given to me by an Ex-boyfriend right before we broke up, so I never wore it just cus it would be ... well... weird!).....

(ok, so it would be late for Vday... which would keep you in the doghouse... but it was an idea....)

13. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Wow, she actually plain out went out and told you she wants jewlerly? And Tiffanys? My god I certainly hope you don't get married; because your life is going to be a living hell...... I could say a lot more; but i'm pretty sure you're already aware that she may be bored of you and only wanting your money.

14. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

:werd: actually she wasn't selifsh and actually did love you and the time you two spend together ; she wouldn't expect, let alone ask for anything at all.

Sounds like you guys have a very superficial surface level relationship. (spirituality is lacking)

15. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

holy obvious! She want's a ring you idiot.

lets see, shes 28, you've been together 5 years...

MAYBE SHE IS HINTING AT SOMETHING! :slap:

16. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

This is very possibly; but Tiffanys?

17. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Thanks bro, yeah she is very materialistic. And you read my mind about cancelling the flowers :o But I'll be in the doghouse for that. But thanks for your opinions, much appreciated. :bigthumb:

18. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

We were dating for 4 years while she was in the process of getting a divorce. It's been 1 year since her divorce though, and when I made mention of mairrage she said she's not ready for it, nor does she want to b/c once the deed is done people change for the worse. One day after we had sex, she said if I ever get pregnant would you get married?

So I dunno... She'll have to wait til I pony up the cash for my 350z, then I can move on to the next purchase. :noes:

19. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I'm lucky it wasn't Louis Vuitton :ugh: She likes the silver jewelry from Tiffany's.

20. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Damn you can get the same type of silver jewlery for 50 dollars, instead of 500 :ugh: except it wont have the name Tiffanys on it, sheesh.

21. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Dude I would be carefull with a girl like that, and make sure you are absolutely certain she's right for you; what exactly went sour in her last marriage? and who is to say the same problems wont arise in your marriage, in all likelyness it will...

If she's bitter towards her ex for example; that can only show you major problems in your relationship, its called a "loser cycle"

22. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i won't get anything this year, we live together and have run into some rough times but i don't expect anything on valentine's day anyway...some of my friends are like that though, they get kinda bitchy this time of year because they don't get what they want for this fake holiday. :rolleyes:

23. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Thats really pathetic and just goes to show the negative side of capitalist consumerism, and the horrible effects it has on peoples livelyhood and relationships....

24. KMD

KMD Guest

What is she getting you?

Tell her YOU want a NEW Car.

Its a two way street.

:noes:

25. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I also agree that she is being pretty much a bitch about the whole situation. I knew my boyfriend was going to get me something for vday. But I definitely dont expect tiffanys. I would be satisfied with walmart. not that i dont think im worth tiffanys but its just not in either of our price ranges right now. I got this ceral lookin box from hallmark with 3 bags of hersheys kisses in it (cutest thing i have seen in a long time), a card and some victoria secret lotion and a victoria secret gift card. I to be honest didnt expect all of that. But I am very grateful for what I recieved. Though in some peoples eyes it may not look to be alot or cost alot it means more to me than a piece of tiffanys jewerly.

So in short she should be grateful for the dinner and roses etc etc and that she can be with her SO on vday. Unlike alot of people.