VCD back to mpeg

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rommel, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

just wondering how to do this and will i lose any quality from the orignal mpeg that i burnt as vcd

i download events and with my new hd i wanna put them back on.

2. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

open the vcd in explorer and browse to the avmpg folder(i think its avmpg but it might be a slightly different name). there should be a file called avsq001.dat(again, not positive from memory, but something like that). move that file to you hard drive and rename it with an .mpg extension you should be good to go.

3. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

is it really that simple then cause i did this with another one and it seemed it lost some quality and was getting glitches in the vid which i didnt see before.

and another question, why can it fit so big mpeg files on there without some kind of compression, surely the mpeg on the cd is compressed somewhat to fit when i couldnt overburn before.

4. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

as far as i know thats all there is to it. i was told that vcds store the mpg sorta like audio cds store mp3s, based on length. to be honest i dont know much about it, but to get the mpg you put in out, you just extract the dat.

5. bugginout

bugginout New Member