SRS vasectomy? What do you think?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spencedawg82, Apr 27, 2007.

1. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

So any man will tell you that he hates to wear condoms! Also one of the scariest things in the world is when your girlfriend is late having her monthly cycle. I know that there is no way I could support a kid the way I'm living my life right now, and I like my life! I've never really liked kids, and I don't ever want to have any. I'm just wondering if you guys think that it would be worth it! I'm only 24, but I'm pretty sure that i won't change my mind about having kids, it's reversable but it's not 100%. Then there is also the option of freezing some of my lil soldiers for the future. Then there is always adoption!! Just wanting to hear some opinions on the subject!

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

She can use the pill, and there's no reason to do something drastically as vasectomy.

3. johan

johan Active Member

Unless you are married to her, and firmly committed, 24 is too young for a vasectomy. Your surgeon will tell you the same thing, if you were to investigate it further.

The procedure is sometimes reversible, but you should consider it final.
    It is not easily reversible, and sometimes cannot be undone.

Visit Planned Parenthood (or your doctor) and educate yourself about birth control and start making some intelligent choices.

Do NOT spit out kids you're not ready to have.

4. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

Yeah but the pill is no where near as effective, plus very expensive since she does not have health insurance with her job!

5. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

That is definatly something that I want to keep in mind when making my decision!

6. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

I know all about that shit. Planned Parenthood here will only give you condoms, plus my girlfriend isn't able to take BC cause of something to do with her hormones or something like that. I have too many friends that have kids at an early age and I see how their lives have changed, and none of them are with the mother. So they get hosed on Child support! My friend Greg has to give up over half of his paycheck to his ex! All because she decided that she didn't want to take her birthcontrol! Don't get me wrong he loves his daughter to death, but can't stand having to deal with the baby momma drama for 18+ years!!

7. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

8. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

I just read that whole sticky in Vaginaium, and a vasectomy is the most effective, and cheapest way. Condoms are horrible! Even the really thin ones, and those always break!

9. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

Yeah Gregs ex is Fed in the head! The day she found out she was pregnant she walked up to him and said and I quote " I got your ass for 18 years" That is a possition I never want to be in.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm a woman, and honestly....I don't see why you shouldn't (that of course is if you really wanted too). I also don't really have the desire to have kids. I see that everyone so far is commenting on how you are young and might change your mind later...but if you do the vasectomy is reversible.

The most important question I want to ask is do you see yourself staying with your gf forever? Is marriage even an idea in your head at all? The only reason I ask is because you might want to tell her your feelings on getting a vasectomy, because if she wants kids she's probably going to be opposed to you getting the procedure for sure.

If not though, I feel it's your body. My friend was 24 when he got his vasectomy (however he has already spawned 2 kids with his HS sweetheart). They actually got divorced and 2 years later he remarried to a girl who really wanted a kid. He got it reversed and now she's preggo :)

11. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

Me and my GF have talked about it and she knows that I don't want to have any kids. She actually told me to set it up for this weekend!! LOL Like it's that easy! In the past every girlfriend that I have had has known my thoughts on not wanting to have kids before we even have sex! Ever since I lost my virginity I have always been scared about having a kid, cause I know it can really mess up your life. I'm 24 and haven't gone to college, but I will one day, and having a kid can really put a damper on that!

12. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

sometimes :hs:

13. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

I really don't think that the world could benefit from another Spencedawg running around! I was absolut hell for my parents, and I don't want to have to go through all that that I put mine through.

14. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

It's not like I am planning on going and getting this done this weekend or anything. I will definatly research every possiblity! As far a college goes, I work mon-fri 8:30-5:30 and by the time I get off work I'm so exhausted I don't want to do anything else much less school. The money I make here at work pays my rent and my bills, with not much left to do anything else much less pay for school and books, and If i had a kid then I wouldn't even be able to come close to getting that paid for.

15. spencedawg82

spencedawg82 New Member

I am eventually go to night school, I'm just so tired from work when I get home I don't feel like doing anything but having a beer or two and going to bed!

16. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

attempting to reverse a vasectomy is not only risky, it's extremely $$$$$$

17. iwishyouwerebeer

I feel like I am the only one here who doesn't think it's such a bad idea...:rofl: though my stance is that I'd much rather him get one if he knows he won't want kids ever, then having an unwanted child in this world

18. JS1

JS1 sup

If you're sure you don't want kids, do it. I have three kids and then I got a vasectomy (I'm 34).

It's a good thing your girlfriend isn't on the pill, because what happens is they "forget" to take the pill. My wife got that idea from the movie "She's Having a Baby". She stops taking the pill and then tells me three months later. Unbelievable.

If you change your mind later, you can adopt. There are plenty of unwanted kids in this world as it is.

19. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I'd marry a guy with a vasectomy.. saves me the trouble of getting the ol' tubes tied somewhere down the road!! I have so many goals/plans in life, and I just can't seem to fathom penciling in a (planned) child anywhere in the next 10-12 years. Everyone tells me I'm going to change my mind, but I've been in the same mindset for the last 7 years. I don't find babies cute or adorable. Kids just aren't for everyone.. :hs: So if you want to do it, research it and talk to a doctor about it first, then truly decide. Sounds like you're already pretty set on it already.

20. Zappy

Zappy New Member

Store yer "soldiers" and get it done.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: I was going to mention this too.

22. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

I'm of the same mindframe. I never, ever wanted kids and people kept telling me I'd change my mind. I had so mamy things going on when I was younger (first, art school and then university, all while working at the same time) and just didn't want to have a kid. At age 26 I gave myself the best gift- a tubal ligation. I'm now 34 and I'm absolutely happy with my decision.

Bottom line is if you are absolutlely sure you don't want to have kids.... get your tubes tied. Don't rely on someone else who is sterile. Ultimately the decision is yours.

23. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

If you're sure you don't want a kid then go for it. I don't know why the kid loving people get so freaked out over the idea of it. If you think you might change your mind then freeze some sperm so you can still get a chick knocked up later.

24. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: I'm 25 and I've known since I was about 12 that I have no desire to ever have a kid. My parents still tell me that I'll change my mind someday :rolleyes: I'll probably get fixed within a year or 2 so I don't ever have to deal with birth control again.

25. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection