SRS Vasectomy Anyone? Advice?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AmCo, Aug 6, 2005.

1. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

Well im currently 23 right now and going to school. I've been thinking about getting a vasectomy lately. I don't plan having any kids in the near future especially being so young right now but i do want them someday( maybe in my mid to late 30s). I wanted to see others who have done the operation and reasons why.

2. import power online

import power online Twin Turbo Madness

did it about 5 years ago, when i was 32
    Best $10 copay ever-10 minute procedure.
    one weekend of discomfort with a bag of frozen corn on my nuts. Thats's about it, would gladly do it again.

3. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

vasectomy is an irreversible process;

if you plan on having kids, at least keep a couple of sperm on ice for emergencies!! :big grin:

4. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

i thought you can reverse it?

5. manga-kid

manga-kid New Member

no, you can't reverse a vasectomy, a vasectomy is were they remover your testes, there's no way they can regrow testicles.

6. import power online

WTF are you talking about? :rolleyes:

No, they do not remove your balls. That would be Castration moron.
    A Vesectomy is the procedure of cutting the Vas (tubes) taking out a section, and suturing both ends so the sperm can't make it from balls to penis anymore.

And while it should be viewed as irreversible, with microsurgery it is reversable and is done often with good results.

7. johan

johan Active Member

:rofl: :rofl:

A vasectomy is reversible these days. The very name tells you what it is.
    Vas-ectomy. They snip the vas deferens which is the little tube that carries sperm. Formerly irreversible, but now...yes they can stitch that little tube back.

Removal of the testes is called castration. So now you know what to ask your parents for Christmas.

8. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

this is golden :rofl:

regrow balls :bowrofl: that's hilarious.

9. import power online

little late to the game...look up

10. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

If you're planning on having kids later, dont get a vasectomy. Its painful and reversing it is complicated and expensive.

11. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

Agreed...my uncle had a vasectomy because he didn't think he wanted anymore kids then he married my aunt and decided he wanted another child with her. He did the reversal. It didn't work. The chances of you having a child after a vasectomy is very very slim and very expensive!!!

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

^^^ and generaly not covered by insurance.

13. malken00

malken00 I'm here. Sorta.

Wow, hitting a second thread of yours Amco...

I had my vas done at the ripe age of 21... most doctors won't do it that young, especially if you are not married, don't have kids, etc. BTW I'm 23 now.

Just a note for everyone, VASECTOMY'S ARE REVERSIBLE... lol the post about removing the balls is funny though ;)

I will give you this though... think about it. I can't really say I regret it, but the feelings do come up every now and then when I think to the future. When I made the decision, I made it with my fiance, we decided we never wanted children, she was a model, which could have potentially bad effects on her career, since her body is her tool. We had a problem about 2 years into our relationship, she ended up getting pregnant, which, later on I found it wasn't even mine, but I took care of her, supported her in the decision she made, and took her to the clinic... it should've been an eye opener, as I always used condoms... but oh well. Either way, I saw the pain and the suicidal thoughts that she was having because of it, I never wanted to see her go through that again, so instead of her having surgery to tie her tubes, I got sniped. It is a very simple process, and for me, insurance covered is, it was a $25 co-pay and a simple doctors office visit.

Now, for reversal.

The reason insurance companies pay to have it done, is because it is only ~$1000 procedure for them. Now think how much money they are going to have to pay if you have a child, or your SO becomes pregnant. Here is the catch 22 on it.. they pay to have it done, but no insurance company will pay to have it reversed, which, unlike having it done, having it reversed is a full surgical procedure, much more involved, and would be a pain in the ass.

When I had it done, my ex and I talked about options if we change our mind, we both agreed that it was fine, and we could adopt, as their are plenty of children out there that need good homes.

Now come to today, what if I find a girl, and we decide to have kids? She does not want to adopt, because she feels that the child will not be ours. Now I have the important decision to get it reversed, or tell her tough shit. I don't want to tell a girl that I want to be with that she can't have my children.

So, there is my stance, think it over. I would say there is another option, which, I didn't think about until after I had it done, you could have some frozen, but, its not really the same I guess, and there is not a 100% chance that it will work...

Just some more tidbits, the cost with insurance to have the procedure done was $25 for the copay. The cost to reverse it, as insurance doesn't cover it, can be anywhere from $4000-7000. Also, you only have 5 years from what my doctor told me, to make the decision to reverse it, after that it becomes irreversible because your sperm producing glands simply stops producing sperm.

14. import power online

painfull? I was in some discomfort for a weekend. Nothing tragic and TOTALLY worth it. I have had many other things cuase much greater pain.

15. WhiskyDent

WhiskyDent Je l'ai fait tout pour le lols

I'm 25, married, no kids, and had it done about a month back. My wife and I don't want to have kids, and it was a decision we both made, and I had her support.

My advice to you would be to wait until you're in a committed relationship, the whole kids thing can really cause some problems with couples, and you do NOT want to have to pay for a reversal and go through that agony.

On the other hand, I wanted to have it done when I was 21, and as it turns out I may as well have. If that's what you honestly believe you want then go for it.

The docs will give you some trouble, I had one turn me down flat.

16. KCVue

KCVue New Member

I had my vasectomy at 24, one year ago, after having two kids. Even though I had already had two children, because of my age the Doctor counseled me on it and gave me
    a week to make sure it was the right decision for me. No doctor will perform a vasectomy on someone your age that tells them they want children in the future. For you to be considered you must adamently state that you do not want children any time in the future. Although vasectomies can be reversed at some times, in many cases they cannot. Insurance will not pay for a vasectomy reversal, so you would have to pay cash for the procedure that only has a 30 percent chance of working.
    Your best bet is a less permanent form of birth control.

17. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I have a question for the guys in here tho, why not put the lady on birth control pills?

18. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

my question for malken00, if you were so dedicated to a chick, that you had a vasectomy, and she left you ... what happened there??

you married her, right??

heh heh ...

anyways, just deep freeze a couple ...

I believe you can keep them in a pitri dish or the likes ...