COMIC Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by the_anti_honda, Dec 18, 2002.

1. the_anti_honda

the_anti_honda Well-Known Member

Greatest Movei Vampire Anime EVAR!

2. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

Is this the remake, if it is, I need to see it

3. Vicious

Vicious Crash & Burn lifestyle

is it better than the first, cause i thought the 1st vampire hunter d was rather :sad2:

4. the_anti_honda

the_anti_honda Well-Known Member

it is the remake, and it spent 4 years in the making.

the animation quality is like TOP FUCKING NOTCH and the voice over cast is fucking EXCELLENT (english only)....

you're shown a different view of vampires in general, and i can't stress how good the animation quality is.....

if you guys thought cowboy bebop had good animation quality, this will make you cream your pants.

some screenies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

It's not a remake of the original, it's a prequel (simply another story featuring D).

It was also made specifically for North America (the studio that animated the Ninja Scroll was paid to produce it), so it's original language is english, not japanese, hence there is no subtitled version.

Being a huge fan of the original, there was one thing I was disappointed with.

This film has a distinct lack of gore compared to the original. The original had overdone gore in spades. Some of it bordered on comical. This new film disappoints because it has very little actual bloodspilling. Escaflowne was more violent for crying out loud!

Not that I wanted it to be comical, but by vampire movie standards in general this movie is lacking in the red stuff.

Other than that, it is a must own. :big grin:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2002
  6. Aeris

Aeris Guest

Bloodlust was incredibly appealing to me. Especially since it was the same studio as Ninja Scroll animating it. The characters were vibrant andbelievable, the voice dubbing was excellent, D was hot as heck, and so was Meier. I loved the story and the gothic nature of it. Everything fell into place beautifully.

I liked the symbolism and beauty in Bloodlust more than anything.

7. jsmonet

jsmonet egg

loved the movie so much i saw it twice... then again "the devil's backbone" was also in that theater, and i saw that twice as well :)

the only problem i had with this movie was the ending being so damn...hokey? i don't know, it kinda cheesed out, but i can't think of any other ending that would fit as well as the one we get.

8. Joshua Blood

Joshua Blood Guest

I loved it so much, i'm going to see if it's possible to get left hand tattooed on my left hand...

(inside, thats why i said 'if i can see')

9. I Are Azn

I Are Azn Legends have no aftermarket!

Who could forget that other vamp hunter guy with the boomerang exploding. And all the other gimpy henchmen being split in two.

:bigthumb: