Valve Cover Gasket

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by niXon, Jan 19, 2005.

1. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

So im going to be replacing the valve cover gaskets on my 1993 Ford Ranger (4.0L v6) and was just wondering if anyone has seen a tutorial online for this. I have searced to no avail. My haynes manual also doesnt seem to have anything on this which surprises me. I have an idea of what to do just feel another resource/tutorial would help.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. demonstalker

demonstalker My lugnuts require more toque than your honda make OT Supporter

Why are you replacing valve cover gaskets? They leaking a lot or what? Regardless you just move any shit that is in the way, remove valve cover (4 bolts most likely) remove old gaskets, put on new ones. The rubber gaskets are the best type, they seal rather well and can be reused if you have to take the valve covers off at a later time.

3. redneck2725

redneck2725 New Member

Did you try any Ford forums??? I bet if somewhere there could help step you thru this, but like demon said it's pretty darn easy

4. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

Yah ive tried quite a few Ford forums and found nothing. I know its not a complex job, but a step by step / picture walktrough would just sorta make me feel that much more comfortable.

5. Dr. Pnutz

Dr. Pnutz Guest

I made this little guide thinghy. It might help :hs:

6. Dr. Pnutz

Dr. Pnutz Guest

[​IMG]

1. Disconnect the battrey (better be safe) :)

2. Loosen the cover bolts with a socket wrench and remove them

3. Remove the cover. If it won't come off shake it a bit but don't force it. The old gasket should come off with the cover

4. now use a scraper to remove any remaining gasket from the cover and the head. wipe off the remaining dirt and other crap with a towel.

5. When it's been cleaned put the new gasket on the cover and put the cover back on your head.

6. Tighten the bolts but don't overdo it.

now start your engine and let it run to make sure there are no leaks

7. niXon

niXon OT Supporter

:bowdown: You are the man !