Valentines rose from the unexpected

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ElChupacabra, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

So the girl I have my eye on works down the street from where I live. I've only done VDay stuff for one girl for the last 15 years, and she expected it. This girl has no idea I like her (mainly cuz I haven't told her, since still going through divorce). Anyhow, how bad would she freak out if I came in and gave her a single rose on VDay?

2. fray

fray New Member

i would find it a little a little weird, personally. does she even know who you are, or are you a complete stranger?

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Unearned romantic gestures are really weird imo.

You think she will feel special, in reality you are communicating to her that she's not special because you don't know her and you are giving her flowers. Additionally, she may view this as an attempt to "win" her affection, and she's not gonna think that there are no strings attached.

Make your intentions known by inviting her on a date.

You are trying to take a shortcut. In your mind you hope she will see the rose and immediately fall in love with you and do all the work that you hope to avoid.

You have to get her number and you have to invite her on a date. Don't think about it, just do it.

And when she's earned a rose, by all means give her one, if thats what you want to do.

For me, flowers are so played out that I don't give them anymore. Where is your imagination?

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Don't do that...

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Well think about this. If you were at work, just going through your normal day, and some random girl you didn't know came in and gave you a rose, wouldn't YOU be freaked out?

This is a bad idea for a number of reasons. You don't really know her. She doesn't know you. Could come across easily as creepy or stalkerish. Second, she'd be working...and disruption at work from someone she doesn't know in a romantic context is majorly disrespectful. You're making an unwarranted romantic approach in a formal, inappropriate place. Not only would you be freaking her out, you'd be drawing attention to her from other employess and her boss. It's like everyone would be saying "Who was that guy? Why did he bring you that flower?" She's already weirded out by you doing it, and now she's embarrassed by her co-workers.

How about you go to her at her work, find out when she's off, and approach her then? Not with flowers or anything, but just talk to her.

6. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

Let me rephrase. I'm not *random*, my son has spent the night at her house on several occaisions and her son has stayed here. I am in her place of business weekly and always chat with her about her day, etc. We have never hung out, but she knows me.

7. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

well then, the next time you see her in a social setting, ask for her number or ask her out. Don't make a cheesy gesture like giving her a rose at work...while it looks great on tv and in the movies, in real life, it's weird.

Don't use V-day as a crutch. If you want to make your interest known, do it on the next day you see her socially. The day should have NO effect on her repsonse, so the day should NOT be a determining factor when you ask her.

V-day is just a day, there's nothing magical or special that allows creepy weird things to seem normal. That only works when you're a little kid and in the fictional world.