Valentine's Day thoughts?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by nish81, Feb 4, 2007.

1. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Just wondering what the vag's thoughts are on valentines day?

I mean, what kind of things would new couples do on it, 'established' couples as well, do you like the whole idea of valentine's day?

dunno. just a general thoughts thread I guess. humour me? :hs:

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I was married on Valentine's Day but I still don't like the idea of it. IMO it's nothing more than a Hallmark holiday.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

It pleases me immenely to know that there are women out there who think the holiday is worthless like I do.

It's just another day, only where we're encouraged to buy cards, chocolate, and flowers.

I'll buy chocolate whenever I want!

4. Ryan Christian

Ryan Christian Member

I hate Valentine's Day. It's like I'm being told "You must buy flowers, chocolate, and other happy stuff for your significant other." Shouldn't you do that anyways and not have a day designated for it? We've been brainwashed since we were kids to participate in this and that this is what people are suppose to do. Plus the significant other will know that their partner is going to do something "special" for them that day, so there goes the surprise there. I hate Valentine's Day.

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

i always work....never had the opportunity for it to mean more.

6. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

QFT!!

Also why I hate Christmas, and Birthdays.

I never usually do anything special for V-day, last year I hooked up with a chick off a message board, watched a movie, had some fun, but that was about it. :mamoru:

7. fray

fray New Member

I also don't really care for Valentine's day. It's sometimes a nice excuse to do something, but I don't expect anything and I don't make any special plans. I'd rather just feel loved throughout the year.

8. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

I'm with people in that i dont like the pressure of valentine's day...its like, "you have to be nice to your SO and stuff", and I'm thinking "why can't I do that every day?"

:dunno:

9. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I hate Valentines Day. It's a ridiculous Hallmark holiday that is meant to make single people feel shitty, and those in relationships feel obligate dto buy a present which they think is never good enough. The only reason I like Valentines Day (the day, not the actual holiday) is because it also happens to be my birthday.

10. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

QFT

11. RL82

RL82 OT Supporter

:bowdown:

12. sassy1

sassy1 perfusion?

I could care less what i do on Valentines day. all i want is to sit and relax with my boyfriend nothing more. i don't need anything givin too me , just sometime alone would be nice.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I love when people get so bent out of shape about it. Sure it's a constructed holiday, but I think if you really care about someone it's just one day that you can make sure they know how you feel. And I do not mean by buying them all sorts of expensive gifts and chocolates. A dinner, or card, or whatever you do to tell/show them you care is nice.

14. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Lady, you are so contradictory in all of your posts I have read lately.

"You don't have to buy him/her anything"

A sentance later....

"You can get him/her a card or nice dinner"

WTF is the difference? :squint:

15. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

I could care less about v-day but when you have a kid, you can use it as a "I need a baby sitter so I can go have dinner and such". Otherwise I think it's pointless.

16. Aradia

Aradia New Member

:bigthumb: same here.

All I want is for him to be him. Anything else would be silly...or akward.

17. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I think it sucks and I'm not going to participate.

Last year I got her a huge, oversized card that says "If you want to be my Valentine, you will have to take a number" on the front and "Your number is one." on the inside.

I won't do anything this year for V-Day unless I find something I really like to buy her.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

that's because you don't actually read them man. :squint: I'm saying that if you think the holiday is bullshit because "it's a Hallmark" holiday, that's fine. I think it's quite crazy that people go nerserk and buy way too expensive gifts over it. However, not everyone is so cynical about it. I like to think of it as just one day where I can do something simple and nice for my SO to remind them of how I feel. Going out to dinner together is not out of the question expensive. A card telling them how you feel isn't nuts. Its just one fucking day for fucks sake.

19. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Oh but I do read them.

Whether you spend a dime or a C-note to do something "special" [/because[/i] it's V-day, you're still buying into the V-day hoo-ra.

So again, I don't see the difference from one part of your post to the next. :rolleyes:

I do that shit regardless of what a Calander says.

You seem to be the epitome of what I dispise in women, who contradict themselves in telling me what they want in a relationship or just in general, and then in the next breath saying quite the opposite, or showing they want the opposite what they just verbally told me. :squint:

20. iwishyouwerebeer

:mamoru: well other people have understood what I meant by the posts...so I just give up explaining to you then

21. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

:mamoru: Nice idea.

A question for you women, for back when you were in high school, and some guy would come in the classroom and hand out flowers to all the girls/boys (mostly girls) who were sent flowers. How bad would it be to be one of the few without a flower?

22. fray

fray New Member

We didn't do it for Valentine's Day, but during Homecoming...and it was mildly annoying....more so when the girl next to you had a stack of like 2 dozen. Not like I really wanted those flowers, I just didn't want to be the only one without them.

23. iwishyouwerebeer

For a few years in HS I was the girl getting the bouquet. Then my senior year when I was single and I watched every other girl get flowers it about crushed me :(

24. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

It's sad for one to think of their marriage as nothing more than a "Hallmark holiday."

25. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:rolleyes: Valentine's Day is nothing more than a Hallmark holiday. I simply said I was married on that day, I did not compare my anniversary or my marriage to Valentine's Day.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007