Vag women: Short guys?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BlazinBlazer Guy, Sep 30, 2006.

1. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

So I was having a conversation with my boss the other day (she and I are more like good friends than employer/employee) and she asked me an interesting question that I thought I would also pose to the ladies here for comment:

"Do you think I'm being too shallow/superficial for having absolutely no attraction to guys who are shorter than me?"

She's relatively short, like 5'6" or 5'7", so there aren't that many guys shorter than her, but she said she went on a date a couple weeks ago with a guy she met online, and from pictures thought he was attractive, liked his personality, etc. but then when he showed up and was shorter than her, she was totally turned off to him.

I already tried to get her to figure out why she felt this way, but she couldn't come up with any explanation. So, I'm curious if the ladies here would feel the same, and hopefully they can explain why they feel that way.

Thanks for your thoughts.... discuss!:bigthumb:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

what's there to explain? It's just personal preference.

I don't really find myself physically attracted to darker African American women...

I don't think there's any thinking behind it, it's just preference.

3. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

I dunno, a lot of women want to feel protected by their taller, bigger s/o.

I am not shallow or superficial when it comes to looks but there's no way I could be with someone shorter than me even if is the whole package.

BTW, I am only 5'2 but my boyfriend is almost 6'0. I prefer guys who are only a few inches taller than me because then the contrast isn't so noticeable...being with a tall guy just makes me look even shorter. I wear heels almost all the time and when I don't, my boyfriend always says "I always forget how short you really are". lol.

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

My husband is only 5'5 and I've never seen a problem with his height. I always hated dating taller guys because it was harder to kiss them, I had to literally look up at them to talk to them etc

5. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

My dad is about an inch shorter than my mom and she seems to be fine with that...but she does make fun of his height occassionally.

On the other hand, my boyfriend is about 4-5 inches taller than I am and hes a fairly short male himself. I think as long as he is a little bit taller than its fine. I havent dated anyone shorter, but I think it might be a turn off. Depends on their other qualities, though.

6. DragonsBane

DragonsBane New Member

I am a fairly short woman, 5'3 and, most of my boyfriends have been at least 6ft tall. for me i dont think that its because i dont like shorter men although i do feel more of a physical comfort with tall men and there ability to wrap there arms around me or reach stuff that i cant.

7. Katiemarie

Katiemarie New Member

I'm about 5'3 too, and my husband is around 5'7. I like it, I don't have to stand on my tiptoes to kiss him. The guy I dated before him was like, 6'1, and because his legs were so much longer than mine, I always had to walk faster just to keep up with him, and many times I ended up a step or two behind.

I don't think I could date a guy that's shorter than me though, like somebody else said, it's almost like I wouldn't feel as protected.

8. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I'm 5"8, I don't usually meet women who are taller than me, but it used to bother me a lot that I wasn't a bit taller myself. I don't worry about it anymore because there's nothing I can do.

BlazinBlazer, how tall are you?

9. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Haha you all are lucky.

I can say from personal experience, it doesn't matter how confient, how great, how cool of a guy you are. Those things will get you past every hurdle EXCEPT being short.

There's practically nothing to make a woman think different about height of a man and 90% will think twice about a guy shorter than them, 9% will think only a little bit shorter and 1% will be ok with it.

I'm at 5.5 & 1/2 and yeah it's really made everything in the world of women 10x harder. I don't let it stop me because it's the one thing you can't change or improve yourself on and thinking about it is just asking for suicidal thoughts.

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

i dont like dwarfing a guy as it makes me feel butch.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

My best friend in high school is 5"5, and gets a lot more ass than all but one of the rest of my friends.

A man I know who is 5"6 and a little bald has a slight European accent and when he walks around with tall women he does it in such a way that they feel like supermodels. Isn't that tricky?

So, the problem is your height but the problem is also you. Only one of those two things can be modified. Good luck! :)

12. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Accents are godsend for women, there is nothing I can really do about that.

5'5 How buff? To some extent I'm saying pure physicality can screw me over, I've done the gym, I've done the exercise I cannot gain muscle mass I've visited my doctor and they did blood samples saying steriods were possible but I wasn't chancing that.

I know it's partly me :p But I've got 3 weeks of college left until I get a career job.. after that I'll have time and a bit of money for self improvement :)

13. JohnJohnJohnson

That 5"5 guy is quite strong.

Notice that as soon as I gave you counter-examples, you started looking for reasons why you were different, why it wouldn't work for you. This is totally understandable. What you are doing is protecting yourself from the rather taxing journey (understatement) of self-improvement.

For you and me, it's not the exercise. It's the food. When you start eating 4,000 calories a day (see fitday.com, don't buy the software, it's crap) while doing Christophers' workout routine (only 3 days/week, I can email it to you) and THEN you don't gain muscle mass, you can reasonably go take a look at steroids.

I started the above routine at 138 pounds, having worked out for FOUR YEARS I weighed 138 pounds, even though I was benching 5 reps of 185 pounds. Then I started doing the above based on OT's advice. 3 months later I was 159 pounds and I was benching 225lbs/5-reps, with a max of 245. That shit is ridiculous. It's just you have to set your discipline higher than most people when like me you have a super fast metabolism. Stand above the crowd ;)

Speaking of which, since initial attraction is really what we're talking about, why don't you sneak over to this website and have a look. Tell nobody, try it out for a couple days, what do u have to lose?

14. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I weigh in around 110-115 average, in highschool and still currently I can cap up to about 6000 calories with no mass gain without exercise. We visited a doctor about it and they can't really explain it besides my metabolism that's skyrocketed.

Ohh I know about self improvement and I'm definatly going to be doing a crapload in 3 weeks. I'm strapped right now really with school project and no financial status except food and rent.

Part of why I dont get tall shoes ( I've seen em and almost bought a pair ) is because at one point they're going to find out and rather not come off like that. Meh I'm not worried about my height nor my ability with women but I'm really just saying it's definatly more difficult being shorter and it's not just purely our fault.

15. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

i dont typically like short guys. i definitely wouldnt have an attraction to a guy shorter than me. Im 5ft so to me thatd be like dating weeman. you can call me shallow or whatever. lol. My bf is 5'8" and to me thats short, but it doesnt bother me cuz we fit together as cheesy as that sounds lol :blue:

16. JohnJohnJohnson

ok

17. JohnJohnJohnson

6000/day for two weeks and you should be heavier.

i'm astonished! tell me how the steriods work out for ya :(

18. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

:rofl: at the standards for short. I'd fucking love to be 5'6" or 5'8". Then again I'm sure midgets would love to be as tall as I am.

JJJ, I would like to know more about this workout routine. Right now I am trying to do what John Alexander laid out in his book, but I've only been at that for a week so...

I also can't get my head around the concept of eating so many calories a day. I prolly eat about 1500. Used to be a 190lb fatass; over last year I lost 50lb with dietary reform and I'm slimmer than I've been my whole life... still not even close to skinny, mind you, but I also have a ribcage shaped like a barrel. (I posted in the pic thread) Maybe it's a complex but I'm really really averse to gorging myself now.

19. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Then again with my frame I could probably be beefcake. It's a problem of zero understanding causing little motivation... not unlike some other areas of life...

20. JohnJohnJohnson

Dude, coming from heavy is so much better than coming from boney, believe me. Your metabolism is already slow enough that doing the exercises will make you ripped without having to gorge yourself.

You don't need to eat that much if your metabolism is not crazy fast, just eat as much as you like and make sure you get (desired-body-weight-in-pounds) grams of protein per day. I'll post the workout here bc i can't find the original thread in F&N.

21. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I'm 6'1".... So it's not me or guys like me that she has a problem with. She said "Age is no factor, weight is no factor, but I just fixate on height."

:dunno:

We did have a funny "second half" of this conversation at a wedding on Saturday (another person from our office got married); one of her friends was saying "We like tall guys because there's only so much difference from here (points at mouth) and here (points at breasts)." I sarcastically remarked that she must have an exhibitionist side to her, since really the taller the guy, the better the angle he has to check out the clevage :mamoru:

The funny part? She admitted that was probably true to an extent :noes: :o

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  22. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I wouldn't date a guy shorter than me, that would just be too weird. I'd prefer for a guy to be at least 5'8 so I can wear heels and still not be taller than him. I would feel really awkward hugging or kissing a guy if she was shorter than me.

23. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

That looks pretty similar to what I'm already doing. I have bought the things I need for home and found the correct weights so I'll just continue that. Getting enough protein looks like a challenge, though, without drinking those disgusting protein shakes :hsugh: I've been eating lots of tuna and turkey sandwiches but not counting grams very closely... I need to pay more attention.

My torso and legs have a fair amount of fat on them still, not nearly as much as before, it's just my arms that are skin and bones. Maybe that isn't so bad.

Ah, this is getting very threadjack so I'll quit.

24. rallyrat427

rallyrat427 New Member

i am 5'7" and i get more play than all my friends who are all around 6 ft+ ... but most of the girls are anywhere from 5'2" to 5'5" so i dunno .... although i have dated girls as tall as 6' ... i think its just a matter of how you carry yourself ... i dont let anything hold me back ... i guess it comes from having hearingaids my whole life and having to learn to deal with stuff i cannot change

25. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I think there's a height "range" really.

5.7 -> 6 feet is about the normal "good" for most women. Below that you start becoming to short and above that you're just too freakishly tall.

Haha I might look into those shoes on that website JJJ kinda interest ;).