Vag Interview with Lucky Penny

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Lucky Penny, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

[​IMG]
    Yours truly..
    [​IMG]
    All bundled up & waiting for the train..

Name?

Katie

Age?

Gender?
    Female

Ethnicity?
    Swedish & Hungarian

Religious Affiliation?

Roman Catholic. My faith is quite important to me, it's carried me through a lot.

Siblings?
    Two younger brothers

Ages of Siblings?
    22 & 20

Where raised?
    Brohio. :rofl: Right up there on the lake <3

Level and place of education?
    I have an Associate of Fine Arts and an Associate of Arts in American sign language; my BS in psychology from Cleveland State. I finish my masters in behavioral medicine in May. Off to get my PhD in clinical psychology, neuropsychology focus, in the very near future. The where to is yet to be determined.

Occupation?
    Nanny and student (FYI, when I mention "my babies" in threads around here, I'm not talking about children of my own- I don't have any. I'm talking about the kids I take care of ;))

Hobbies?
    I don't think I can accurately describe how much I love to learn. I adore school, it's the one thing I've always been good at. I crave mental stimulation. My two passions are the human brain and art history. I love playing outside though admittedly I hate getting my hands dirty. I like camping, fishing, going to the zoo, spending time in all the incredible museums in DC (btw, if you only hit the Smithsonians, you are seriously missing out.) reading, buying cool old books, video games, photography, studio art, watching old movies, subtitled movies or tv shows from different countries and weekly tv dates with my <3. I hope to get far more serious about
    rock climbing this year.

Things you may not know about me:
    I'm a total girly girl and like most large, dumb animals, I'm attracted to shiny objects. If it's purple and has sparkles on it- that's all the better. I played the violin for 10 years. I am conversationally fluent in American Sign Language. I was a classically trained ballerina for the entirety of my childhood and teenage years until knee surgery and the acceptance of my poorly-designed bone structure ended my dream of dancing for a major company. I still cry when I think about it. I was an art major for quite a while but left my program to study psychology. I hate that I didn't finish that degree. I'm afraid of the dark. I adore shoes, tequila and animals of all types, especially turtles and large dogs.

Sexual preference?
    Men. :yum: The broader and more linebacker-esque, the better.

Measurements?
    :rofl:
    I'm 5'5. That's all you're getting.

Best and worst experiences with SO's?
    Best:
    The camping trip to Shenandoah and Luray that my SO and I took for our 4th anniversary. Talk about a comedy of errors :rofl: We got to the entrance of the park, not realizing that we had to drive another 30 miles to get to our campsite- on a road that looked an awful lot like this: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ all the way up the mountain. So as were driving, its getting darker and we realized we weren't going to be at our site until about 10pm, so we decide to turn around, find a nearby town and stay at a hotel for the night. So I'm driving out of the park, down this horrible road and as we turn the corner, SO says ever so nonchalantly "hey, don't hit that bear" :hsugh: as I look over and see an animal that could easily have been mistaken for a furry black Volkswagen lumbering past my car. So after I recovered from that heart attack we drove on till we found Luray, booked a room in a shitty little mildew motel, found a great pizza place and played around the rest of the night :naughty:

The next day we went to Luray caverns, (!! which was incredible btw :big grin:) hit the grocery store and went to our campsite. We set everything up and tried to start a fire, but all the wood was really wet so I went to the "camp store" and got fire starters and alcohol. We had a few drinks, started the fire and made dinner. So we're sitting in the dark around the campfire drinking and my SO was eating a S'more. He dropped part of his gram cracker on the ground and couldn't find the piece but we figured we'd find it and throw it away before bed. Just then, we heard a series of small noises, like animals chattering. Kinda sounded like a raccoon. At the same time, our fire went out. Two seconds later I see something slinking toward us out of the corner of my eye.. we were surrounded by skunks. :rofl: So this skunk comes right over to us, sits on my SO's foot and ate his gram cracker off the ground :rofl: I literally had my hand over my mouth to keep myself from screaming
    . We were sitting there perfectly still, and I was trying to whisper (which ended up as more of a yell is a whispered voice :hsugh:) "BUSTER!! Oh my God oh my God I want to run away so bad!!" He was frozen in place with a skunk on his foot whispering through gritted teeth, "If you get up and I get sprayed I am going to be so pissed. Don't you dare fucking move." :rofl: Finally the skunks leave, we get up to go for a walk but at this point we were pretty drunk and got a little lost trying to get back to our campsite. :mamoru:

The next day we went on a 3 mile hike down to this waterfall. It was about 900 ft down. It was so beautiful and the hike down there was great <3 Coming back up however, we were swearing at every cigarette we've ever smoked and making fun of each other for looking so pathetic. :rofl: We got back to our campsite, packed up and went to the Luray Zoo before heading back home. It was a most excellent anniversary.

Worst:
    I dated this guy named Mike right after high school. No earth shattering relationship, but it was fun. We had been dating for about 4 months when he left for the Air Force. About 2 months later we're talking on the phone one night and he asked if I would marry him and move to Texas to be with him. :eek4: I told him that we had only been dating for 6 months so we should date for at least another year, see how things went and talk about it then. He agreed and I thought all was well.

Except 7 weeks later when my best friend's boyfriend met us at her house, pulled me aside and said "I am so sorry. I really hate to be the one to tell you this but Mike got married last night to a girl he met in tech school..." :eek4: Turns out that he was also dating another girl for the 3 months he was gone and when I said I didn't want to marry him right away, he asked her. Picard.jpg. He never told me he didn't want to be together, he just married someone else and hoped I get the hint I guess :rofl: I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Fantasy Date?
    Some day where he'd call us both off from work, call me on his way to my apt and say something to the effect of "Surprise! I'll be there in 5 minutes, get dressed." And whisk me away on a day trip to somewhere fun where we can enjoy the day together. <3

Tell us about your childhood?
    Honestly, it was really hard.
    Everyone, either born into my family or married to it comes from a life riddled with drugs and abuse and alcohol. None of us get out childhood alive. It has been that way for several generations on both my mom and dad's sides of the family. It's quite a legacy.

My dad was a drug addict and an alcoholic until I was 16. I like to believe that my mom did the best she could to protect us, but it wasn't enough. In all fairness though, I doubt I could have done much better. We were exposed to people and situations that were not appropriate for children. We grew up pretty fast. I learned quickly that having a lot friends, doing well in school and dancing were the most effective ways to stay away from the house and thankfully I was very good at all of them. I started ballet and rhythmic gymnastic at 5 and continued on through high school. Life became far more difficult as I got older and I developed an eating disorder at 12. Unfortunately, it's still a large issue in my life today.

When my dad got sober, he went to a treatment center and then a sober living facility for several months. When he came back, life was much calmer but it was a hard adjustment. 4 months after he came back my mom was diagnosed with cancer. 2 months later her sister was too. I thought for sure that my dad would either start using again or leave us, but he didn't. :hs: He stuck by my mom and took amazing care of her. It was a huge turning point for the family. She was in treatment for almost three years. When I was 22 my dad broke his neck in an accident. He was out of work for an entire year and she was by his side every minute. My mom's cancer returned a year and a half ago and again he took care of everything. Those two have the strangest relationship I've ever seen but there is no doubt that they love each other. They are still married. They've been together since they were 20 years old. I asked my mom once why she never left my dad and her simple answer shocked me. She said "I took a vow that I'd stand by him. You don't go back on a promise like that." For better or worse they love each other and found a way to muscle through. I admire them greatly for that. Their relationship, while rocky at times is far better now than it ever was. I'm pretty close to my dad now, though we don't have the traditional father/daughter relationship- it's more of a friendship. The relationship between my mom and I has always been rough but it's more amicable now that I don't live at home.

What do you think contributed to your like/dislike of women or men?
    I really don't get this question. Why do I like men? I was just drawn that way I guess :dunno: What do I like about them? Their companionship, their capacity to view life from a non-estrogen soaked point of view and for the extra special man, his ability to make me feel safe. Why do I like/dislike women? I don't dislike women at all, in fact I find women quite beautiful. I just don't have any desire to date them.

Best Relationship?
    Current. Hands down. Most loving, understanding, mature relationship I've ever had. We've dealt with some serious bullshit in the past 5.5 years and I've put him through a lot, yet he still loves me. He's incredible and I don't deserve him but I'm so glad he's here <3

Worst Relationship?
    All of my relationships before this one were mediocre at best, but if I had to peg one as the worst I guess I'd vote my high school relationship. He wasn't a bad guy, in fact we are still friends today. We dated on and off from 8th grade through our junior year of high school. We went to different schools and he fell into a bad crowd early on. Ended up he was more interested in hanging out with his friends than with me. He would make plans with me and never show up or dick me over for other girls. There was a while there when I was convinced that playing the friends with benefits card was a sure fire way to get him back. He hated it when I'd try to date someone else and I'd always go back to him.

Are your siblings like you at all in their relationships?
    I don't really know how I am in relationships so without a basis for comparison its hard to say. My youngest brother seems to be stuck in the high school mentality where its nice to have a girlfriend around but there are at least 87 other things he'd rather be doing at any given moment. He's girlfriend is nice though.

My other brother is dating this girl who totally brings out the best in him. He is generally very stoic but when he's around his girl he really shines. They've only been together for 6 months, but I truly hope they last. She's a doll and I'd love to see them get married.

How open minded are you?
    Depends on the application I suppose. In general, as long as you are not hurting others, then by all means, do what you will.

When it comes to sex, which I suppose is what this question is really asking, I try to be open minded but I am easily intimidated and feel threatened very quickly. I am very jealous of people who love sex and are willing to try anything. I hope to get to that point someday.

Have you ever been involved in a 3some?

Nope

What do you look for in another partner?
    Intelligence, patience, tenacity, insight. Effective communication skills are a plus.

Do you think a persons promiscuity or lack there of has to do with their childhood?
    Absolutely. Our experiences shape who we are. At the same time, there is no predescribed formula for how we respond to those experiences. Everyone's affected in their own way. Some are more resilient than others.

Have you used online sites for the reasons of getting sex or dates or both?
    No. My best friend did meet my SO via the internet though and then introduced him to me. Does that count?

What's your favorite body part of the opposite sex?
    Chest, shoulders, arms, face

Describe your type of partner?
    :rofl: Funny, I always thought I wanted to date someone like myself. Funny, gregarious, sometimes loud, busy, very linear, kinda fiery. I only dated guys like that for a while and our relationships were always so volatile. I never understood why it didn't work out.

Physically, I rather enjoy very tall men. Dark hair, dark eyes. Very broad and muscular but not necessarily defined muscle. I like manly men. Work with your hands, get dirty, come home covered in dirt and sweat. :yum: Maybe its the midwest work ethic in me. In a perfect fantasy, a Scottish or Australian fireman would suit me just fine.

What type of partner you actually date?
    My SO and I are quite the pair of opposites. He's quiet and thoughtful, far more patient that I'll ever be, logical, precise and likes to have a plan. He's calming. He offers me balance. He brings me back to center and gives me focus. His personality is everything I never knew I needed.

I date men who are intelligent, kind and have a good sense of humor. They generally like to read and have their own hobbies and friends. I cannot stand men who are clingy. I have my own friends, I like to have my own space and sometimes I like to be alone. I like men who have that too. I like a man who can make a decision and take care of things that need to be done. I do not date men with substance abuse problems or who use drugs, even recreationally. I don't date men with hot tempers or who are rude to restaurant servers. I find arrogance, machismo and "pick up artists" extremely intimidating.

Any words of advice for the Vag lurkers?
    Read the stickies. Don't worry so much. For Christ's sake, be yourself. We can only give advice based on what we know and sometimes that's not much. :rofl: Have a little perspective.

Questions! You've got 'em, I'll answer 'em.

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:bowdown: well worth the wait

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Damn, penny is hot!

4. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

as upsetting as it probably was, your worst experience with an SO story had me laughing. i cant believe what an idiot that guys is/was. :rofl: who does that?

and im happy for you that you are no longer with him, you win in this situation

5. Lucky Penny

It makes me laugh too actually :rofl: Poor guy. He's still married to the girl, they just had their second baby and he's miserable. I really don't know how he could have expected anything less. What a goob.

6. Lucky Penny

:hs: Thanks AK <3 That means a lot.

I focused mainly on sculpture and photography when I was studying art. I adore art history. There's just so much there. Thankfully, I have a memory for facts.

Sign language was kind of an odd addition, I'll admit :rofl: I took it as a foreign language in college and it turned out I was really good at it. I credit this entirely to my background in dance; in my head it's all choreography. I Had a professor not long after that who always talked about the importance of showing that you can work with 'special populations' even if you don't intend on actually doing it. Apparently it'll come in handy when finding residencies. :dunno: Point is I had taken a lot of sign language classes and I was close to a degree anyway, so I just stuck with it.

As for school- I dunno, one thing just lead to another really. I was in nursing school for about 5 minutes and changed to art. But I've always have a love for science so I played around with biology and psychology for a bit. Which lead to an interest in art therapy. I was dead set on art therapy as a career until I was about to move to DC. In the last few months before I moved, my SO's mom died of brain cancer, my dad broke his neck and I was finishing my last two psych classes, a neuroanatomy class and a memory and cognition class. And I realized that I really enjoyed neuropsychology and I knew with a career like that I could really help. So I stuck with it. :dunno:

The SO and I were laughing about the skunk story all day yesterday while I was writing it. It's one of our best stories <3

7. Lucky Penny

:hs: Thank you guys. Ford, its great to see you around again. How ya holding in, doll?

8. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I'm still here, guess it counts for something. :hs:

9. Lucky Penny

:hs: sure does <3 Glad you're still here!

10. ripcurl

ripcurl Member

dude story about Mike is CRAZY.

I'll put some questions in here later after work just had to comment.

11. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

ifl! at work, will read when I get home :)

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Great interview LP!!! The Mike story had me laughing and :hsugh:ing hard. Your anniversary camping with the bf sounded awesome; I hope to take my bf on a trip to Yosemite like that.

13. giz

giz Active Member

Awesome interview! I enjoyed reading it and learning a bit more about you. The story of your second brother and his relationship struck a certain chord with me.

14. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Awesome LP! Its cool learning about people here.

15. Lucky Penny

Thanks guys!! <3 You all make me smile :big grin:

Any questions?

16. giz

giz Active Member

Tell us the story of how you and your SO met?

17. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I think you look more like a Penny than a Katie. How many kids do you have and how difficult is it to raise them and go to school at the same time?

18. coldstone

coldstone New Member

My favorite jailbait in the Vag. :love:

19. Gibles

Gibles the funny thing about my back is....

where are you applying to for your PhD?

20. Lucky Penny

:rofl: It's a little complicated, but I'll try to give you the Reader's Digest version.

So my best friend Lisa had a huge crush on this guy named Nate in high school. She used to search for his name on AOL all the time. Our senior year of high school she was searching on AIM and she found a guy named Nate who lived in DC. She wanted to know what it was like to live in DC so she messaged him just to say hi. He was cool, they became e-friends and would chat regularly. One day I was at her house and we were talking to him and Lisa gave him my screen name. They continued to be friends, I never talked to Nate again.

Fast forward two years. I was sitting at my parent's house writing a paper and I get this random message on AIM that says "HI! I haven't seen you on here in so long! How are you?" :hsugh: Now, I had NO IDEA who the hell was talking to me but with a message like that, what was I suppose to say? So I respond with "I'm doing GREAT!! How are you?" :rofl: So I'm talking to this guy, and I have no idea who he is, but he was funny and nice so I kept talking to him. For the next few weeks if we were both online we'd chat.

So after about 3 weeks of randomly talking to this guy I realized that not only did I still not have any idea who he was, but he thought I was someone else. :o :rofl: I didn't want to say anything though cause I thought he'd probably be embarrassed and maybe wouldn't want to talk to me anymore so I decided to wait for him to figure it out. About a week later we were talking and he asked me about my sister. :hsugh: I don't have a sister. And I told him that. Then he asked me if my name was Lauren :rofl: And I said no. Really, he recovered very well though, I was pretty surprised. :mamoru: He laughed, "reintroduced" himself and we kept talking. His name was Nate.

About a month later I was telling him a story about my best friend Lisa. He says "Wait. Lisa...?" He mentions her last name. :eek4: I was like "WTF how do you know that?!?" As you've probably guessed by now, this guy I was talking to all this time happened to be the same guy Lisa had been friends with for years. :rofl: We had no idea.

We talked online for a while. Then on the phone. Then we started visiting each other. We decided to date, even though it was long distance. I moved out to DC 3 1/2 years ago. :hs: We've been together for 5 1/2 years now.

:rofl: Weird, huh?

21. Lucky Penny

:rofl: Thanks!

I don't have any kids of my own. I'm a nanny and the family I work for has two babies- 3 1/2 and 1 year old. However, I work 13 hours a day for this family and I do everything. I get here in the morning and make breakfast for the kids, take the little girl to school, grocery shop, take in the dry cleaning, laundry, clean, make lunch and dinner for the babies and then dinner for the parents. I only work 4 days a week though.

Going to school and taking care of this family is hard, but I have Fridays off and that helps a lot. I only have my dissertation left to finish for my masters so I don't have to attend a class- that makes this a hell of a lot easier too. However, I doesn't leave much time for a social life of any kind- which sucks, but I still see the SO every weekend.

22. Lucky Penny

COLDIE!! I <3 you! :kiss: How have you been darling?!? Still rockin' it out in Brohio?

23. Lucky Penny

George Washington, University of Maryland, Georgetown, Ohio State, Case Western Reserve, Virginia Tech, Duke and Johns Hopkins. I need to apply to a few more but I need to save up some more money for the application fees. I really really want either Ohio State or Johns Hopkins :noes: :x:

**BTW- I love your av & I actually know someone who grew up in Livonia :eek3: Been there a few times.

24. Vysion

Vysion New Member

You have sexy eyes in the top pic... :naughty:

25. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Yeah but the cold's killing me. I have pretty much stopped going to Mt Adams because of the cold. Now I pretty much stay in Hyde Park. How's DC treating you?