Vag Interview with giz

Discussion in 'Archives' started by giz, Feb 22, 2009.

1. giz

giz Active Member

Name?
    Tyler Richard

Age?

Gender?

Male

Ethnicity?
    Irish heritage

Religious Affiliation?
    Family is Roman Catholic. I generally am a non-believer, but in times of crisis I always find myself in prayer.

Siblings?
    4 brothers, 2 half brothers

Ages of Siblings?
    23, 20, 15, 13 (half brothers - 10, 7)

Where raised?
    Was raised in suburban Salt Lake City, Utah. Despite the stigma, I believe it is one of the best places to raise a family. The people are almost creepy nice. Even if you aren't LDS, you are exposed to families with strong moral codes, manners, etc. I credit much of my nurturing side to the good people I was surrounded by as a child.

Level and place of education?
    I'm a 5th year senior in the Mechanical Engineering department at the University of Utah

Occupation?
    I do contract engineer work for one of the world's largest medical technologies companys. I work in research and development, doing design refinement, testing, etc.

Hobbies?
    I've had so many hobbies throughout my life :rofl: One thing about me is that I completely immerse myself into something once I start (just recently, I found this applied to relationships as well). In high school, it was chess - my library of chess books is larger than I care to admit. I spent a lot of my free time playing Dance Dance Revolution (I was famous at the arcade :rofl:). Politics, debate, theoretical physics, codes/ciphers, comics, costume making - all hobbies of mine at some point.

Currently, I don't have much outside of the gym unfortunately. I keep myself more than busy with school, work, and social activities. I guess interior design would be one subject I'm reading up on currently :rofl::hsugh:

Sexual preference?
    I attract a lot of men, but I prefer women

Measurements?
    5'9", roughly 165lbs

Best and worst experiences with SO's?
    Best:
    One experience that stands out right now is when my ex invited me to spend the weekend at her parents home. We hadn't known each other for very long, about a month, but I wanted her to meet my family (we both are very family oriented). I was sooo nervous :o I had NEVER brought a girl home, never had one pick me up, etc My parents had never seen me with a girl so they knew right away she was special to me.

She came over for dinner and got along absolutely wonderfully with everybody. I couldn't have asked for more. At one point she dragged me downstairs and asked if she smelled :rofl: I guess she had an energy drink beforehand, wasn't used to them, and was sweating really bad. It was so cute.

She had such a good time, on our way home she called her mom and asked if I could come over the next weekend. They said they were going make me sweat as revenge :rofl: I was super nervous again as I had never met a girl's parents. I was on my best behavior and had to refuse sleeping in her bed, I didn't want her Dad finding and killing me. Her parents were so gracious and genuine, it wasn't hard to tell Allison was their daughter.

Worst:
    This is hard since I tend to forget bad things, and I've only had one SO :rofl: I don't know if this is the worst, but it the most embarrassing.

Allison and I were in the awkward "let's take it slower" period and just starting to date again. I was determined to make everything go smoothly as possible, which I usually fail at :bowrofl: It's our first date since trying to slow down, and we go to dinner at this restaurant her brother works at. I couldn't find a parking spot so I decide to get valet. I drive a manual and my parking break knob is borked so I pull up to the curb, shift into neutral, and hop out... my truck starts rolling down the street with her still in it! :rofl::o She jumped out while it's still moving and I yell to the valet "better hop in quick!" to make it seem like I hadn't lost my cool but I was freaking out :mamoru:

So we eat and everything goes great, it always does when we're together. I give the valet our ticket and he goes to get my truck... comes walking back about 5 minutes later with no car :ugh: my locks are kinda fidgety and he couldn't get in. So it's about 20 degrees outside, she is freezing cold (wouldn't take my jacket :mad:) and I'm sitting there trying to unlock my doors. About 15 minutes later we get in - I was so embarrassed but she was just laughing at how ridiculous the whole situation was.

Fantasy Date?
    Assuming I knew how to sail and owned a sailboat, my dream date would involve taking somebody I love out on the water as it nears dusk. It'd be warm, humid and we would be the only people in sight. I'd serve her dinner and we'd welcome the night as we sip wine and share what we love about each other.

Tell us about your childhood?
    My parents were divorced when I was 5. My brother (who is now 20) and I ended up living with our father and visiting our mother every other weekend. My dad remarried a few years later to whom I now call my mother. She had one child already (my one older brother). Together, they had 2 more kids. My two half brothers come from my biological mom's new family (I guess technically more than those 2 are half brothers but I don't see it that way).

My dad hated his ex wife and always made it very difficult for us to visit it. He would place guilt trips on us for wanting to see her. And when we misbehaved, he would threaten to ship us over to her house forever. Looking back, it was so very unhealthy and I hate that he did that. It made my childhood so much harder than it needed to be.

I grew up very shy and introverted. I had a crush on a girl from 2nd grade through 10th grade and I barely spoke to her. In high school, I was more concerned about grades, debate, and chess team than I was girls - I didn't go on a single date or to a single dance (I was asked to a girls choice once and declined :greddy:). I took State in debate, volleyball (All-State outside hitter), and twice in some engineering competition.

I was roughly the same awkward kid until my third year in college, when an old friend moved back to Utah and literally dragged me out of my house. It took a lot of work, but I became who I am today - a very social, outgoing guy that can talk to anybody at anytime and have a good experience with them. I owe that friend my happiness.

What do you think contributed to your like/dislike of women or men?
    I grew up afraid, and possibly even disliking women. I attribute it to my father's hatred for my mother and my lack of sisters or female friends growing up.

Today, I feel like I get along with women more so than men. It's hard for me to talk to guys, and a good amount of my friends are women.

Best/Worst Relationship?
    I combined the best and worst because I've only been in one serious relationship. Fittingly, it has been both the best and worst times of my life. We got along so incredibly well it was scary - we both made each other's days every day. While we were together has been the only time in my life that I felt like I had everything I ever wanted... that I could look at my future and be completely happy with what I saw.

When we first "broke up," which lasted a week until it became "let's take things slower," I was completely devastated. The ensuing months of trying to figure out just what is going on between us was very up and down, but I am glad I have stuck with it. At this point, we aren't dating. No matter what happens, I feel like I have a friend for life.

Are your siblings like you at all in their relationships?
    My older brother has had at least one girlfriend at any time since 9th grade. When we graduated from high school, he met and began dating the woman that is now his wife.

My younger brother has always been pretty secretive about his dating. He had a thing for a girl all through high school and they kind of dated but now are just friends. I think he might have a gf now but I'm not sure.

None of the others are old enough yet, but the 15 and 13 year olds will be total studs, it's written all over them. So it looks like I am the black sheep in the family.

How open minded are you?
    Probably too much so. I'm willing to try most things once.

Have you ever been involved in a 3some?
    Yes. Not much of a story :rofl:

What do you look for in another partner?
    Somebody that is caring, genuine, and honest. I need somebody that can make me laugh and laughs at my stupid jokes. Somebody that loves me for my nerdy side, because once you get to know me I can't hide it. Somebody that I can proudly take home to meet my family.

Do you think a persons promiscuity or lack there of has to do with their childhood?
    I think people's personality and tendencies to commit actons are directly related to their experiences throughout their life, and probably more so their childhood.

Have you used online sites for the reasons of getting sex or dates or both?
    Not intentionally, but I have met people online that resulted in both, yes.

What's your favorite body part of the opposite sex?
    First thing I see is a person's face, especially their nose. Then feet :rofl:

Describe your type of partner?
    Kind, caring, family-oriented girl. A girl with the ambition and drive to make her own future. Basically everything I mentioned above.

What type of partner you actually date?
    If I don't find her to be the type of girl that I just described, I don't date them past the first date. So far, I've only met one girl that I ever felt worth dating.

Any words of advice for the Vag lurkers?
    Be passionate in your relationships. Let your SO know that you love them in everything that you do, give them every reason to love you back. Help each other grow to be the best people you can be. But at the same time, don't smother each other - nobody can grow in the shade.

2. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

your fantasy date :bowdown:

3. giz

giz Active Member

:rofl: thanks

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions!

4. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

i find myself getting a lot better with guys than girls, i have very few good female friends, and i tend to drift from them after a while, normally 1-2 quarters at most :rofl:

i notice you said you didnt grow up with much female influence in your life, how did you change how you got along with women?

5. giz

giz Active Member

I forced myself to talk to them. At first, it was probably one of the most awkward, hardest things for me to do. Literally, my face would go flush and my throat would close up :rofl:

After awhile, I started to see them as people, not the mystical beings I had assumed them to be. Once I got started, I couldn't stop - they offer such a different perspective than what I am used to, I just eat it up. I find I relate to females better than men.

6. giz

giz Active Member

:dunno::rofl:

ex once said, "if I had seen that before, I would have been a little scared to do anything with you"

but it's averagish :rofl::hsugh::hsugh:

7. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

good shit :rofl:

well for me its not really that i have a problem talking to them, moreso i just drift after a while :dunno: maybe its just me

most girls that i talk to seem like they are compelled to shoot down my ego every chance they get :rofl:

8. giz

giz Active Member

whether or not you drift away has a lot to do in how you are approaching them, I'd say. for me, there are girls that I might potentially want to date and girls that I'd like as friends. the girls in the first category - if it doesn't work out I rarely talk to them again. girls fall into the second category when they are good people, but I don't see myself dating them.

9. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

i know what you mean, but this happens to girls in both categories for me:dunno:

10. jonno

jonno New Member

pretty cool that you have all brothers and 2 of them are very close to your age.

11. giz

giz Active Member

yeah, I always had somebody to do something with. My older brother and I are just 10 months apart. My parents held him back one year so we were in the same grade throughout school :bowdown:

12. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

good read

I've always thought you were top of the top when it came to OT OD's. Just something about you that screams "Normal" vs. the other folks imo :o

13. BigC

BigC New Member

That was worth reading.

14. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Nice interview. Real straight to the point and easy to read.

It's definitely awesome to have siblings around the same age. But, it's slightly odd at times for me.

I have never been to a school one of my siblings hasn't gone to and up until last year I have never been at school without one of my brothers being at the same school at the same time (college included).

It's great being friends with your brothers. And mine seem just like yours haha. My older one seems to always be wanting to be in a relationship, and the younger one... who the hell knows

I thought I remember you liking chess. I haven't played in a while against anybody but I hop on Fritz occasionally and get my ass beat, and definitely still sport the November 1971 issue of Time with Fischer on the cover framed on the wall in my room. And my religious views on Facebook are "Fischer as Black".

Fuck that's so geeky now that I think about it lol

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

16. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Yay Giz!! Great read :h5:

Questions:

- What's your favorite breakfast cereal?
    - Do you like to travel and where would you like to go someday?
    - When are you moving back to DC :squint:
    - Name your Hump Island

17. giz

giz Active Member

- I haven't eaten cereal in sooooo long, but I've always like Honey Bunches of Oats. Anything that can get soggy and still taste good (Life), I will like.
    - I like traveling, but I don't love it to the point that I will do it alone. I've roadtripped ~42 of the States. Someday I would like to travel the coastlines of the world... retire and move into a yacht with my wife and travel for awhile.
    - never! :rofl: I love it there, but I would need a good reason to move back

Hump Island (I started by listing 3 guys then realized the word "hump" in the title :bowrofl:)
    - Natalie Portman
    - Mila Kunis
    - Tiffani Amber Theissen
    - Elizabeth Hasselbeck :bowdown:
    - Meg Ryan from the early 1990s

That was really hard, I don't really follow celebs and I guarantee I'd kill myself if I was actually stuck there with them :rofl:

18. giz

giz Active Member

I never realized I dreamed of sailing so much :rofl:

19. giz

giz Active Member

20. giz

giz Active Member

that's a tough question. does it have to be either of those? a combination of the two would be most fitting. I understand the tendency to prolong your first relationship beyond what is healthy. I also admit I have a very addictive/obsessive personality, for lack of better words.

I still see a future with her as being possible. In what shape or form that comes in, whether it be dating, friends, marriage, etc I have no idea. If I didn't see this as possible, I would do everything in my power to walk away, no matter how much it hurt. At the end of the day, I want her to be happy.

I'm still in love with her and I can't help that fact. The death of her father has thrown me for a loop. Rather than wanting to get back together, more than anything I want her to heal and I will be the strongest person I can for her. Whether I take an active or passive role in her healing, I will bend over backwards to be available to her at every hour of the day if she so needs. That is my main focus right now.

21. giz

giz Active Member

and to comment on the character trait issue, I don't know if it's something I need to work on (I wouldn't know how to either). I think it is what allows me to immerse myself entirely into a relationship. It is also what prevents me from entering into relationships that I'm not fully committed to.

when/if the time comes for that relationship to end, it's on me to deal with whatever excess pain I may have caused myself. at this point in my life, I've had more tearful nights than joyful, so it's not anything new.

22. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

I need to do one of these, it would be so awesome

23. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I'll get flamed for this, but I agree with Babylon. :hs:

That's a phenomenal hump island btw. :eek3::eek3::eek3: :h5:

24. giz

giz Active Member

I needed to hear this. :bowdown::)

25. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Nice interview. Its cool to get to know people here.