Vag Interview with Amanda Ann

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Amanda Ann, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Age? 24

Gender?
    Female

Ethnicity? Caucasian (75% Polish, 25% Italian)

Religious Affiliation? Raised Catholic – do not practice religion currently. I am spiritual and I believe in God – I just don't subscribe to any certain religion at this point in my life. :hsd:

Siblings? 1 brother, 2 step-sisters

Ages of Siblings? brother – 21; step-sisters – 23 and 26

Where raised? Northeastern Pennsylvania

Level and place of education? I have a B.S. in Communication Sciences & Disorders and a minor in Deafness & Hearing Studies from Penn State. I’m currently pursuing a doctorate in Audiology (Au.D.) from a small college in Pennsylvania. And it sucks. I hate it and I want to find something else to do with my life. It could be the end of the semester talking, but who knows. :noes:

Occupation? Full-time student; On occasion, I’ll pick up a shift here and there at the hotel I’ve worked at for years.

Hobbies? SHOPPING (especially shoes), yoga, reading, good wine, spending time with family/friends, outdoor things, catching local bands, weekend trips, music, movies, concerts, roulette… the list goes on and on..

Sexual preference? I’m definitely a fan of the men :naughty:

Measurements? I couldn’t even tell you if I wanted to. 36C is about all I know. :rofl::rofl:

Best and worst experiences with SO's?
    Best: I’m sure I have a few…

My most recent ex and I spent a few days where I took care of him when he was sick and he took care of me. It was honestly the first time anyone has ever truly done that for me. It was a bittersweet moment.

My first serious boyfriend did a lot of nice things for me, but by far was when he set up a surprise meeting with my father and I. I was so angry at the time because my father and I hadn’t spoken for about 2 years, but I look back on it, and it was quite possibly one of the nicest things he’d ever done, and he probably doesn’t know to this day I appreciate it and regret not keeping the line of communication open with my father any longer. :hsd:

Another guy I dated made me a whole bunch of playlists on his iPod before I went to the beach for a week with a bunch of girlfriends and lent it to me. Some of the playlists were the sappiest shit ever – but it was his way of saying he missed me. Yeah, I don’t exactly date the romantics..:o

Worst: Now here is where I have 11ty billion stories!! (But, I’ll limit it to 2 because no one likes a Debbie Downer..)

Hands down, the worst, is finding out (after we’d broken up) my first serious boyfriend had cheated on me 8, count ‘em 8, different times. I mean holy crap. I don’t know if I was blind, young, naïve, or all of the above – but how do you miss that shit?! It’s not like there were any signs that he was, but wow…

My most recent ex was a real fucking nut job. He made all these comments about it being great that I had no beef with his “best friend” being a chick and that I was okay with them hanging out. Alright, let’s talk about how I found him at the bar HOURS after he broke up with me over the phone (real man, huh?) with her. Slap in the face. Punch in the face to find out he’d been creeping around with her the whole week before and making up stories to his friends. Oh well. Good riddance – she’s much younger, but at least they are at the same maturity level.

Fantasy Date? Ahhh.. ok let’s see. Fantasy date #1 (haha): Hardcore tailgating followed 50 yard line tickets to a big Penn State game. Afterwards, some more tailgating. No pressure kinda date!

Fantasy date #2 for my girly side – I would love it if someone took me out on their boat with a bottle of wine so we could chat and look at the stars or sunshine or whatever depending on the time of day. Nothing fancy – I’m so sick of the whole dinner and drinks date. It gets old very, very fast! :o

Tell us about your childhood? Well, I grew up in a small, small neighborhood. Literally everyone knows everyone’s business. We weren’t exceptionally well off, but my brother and I always had everything we wanted. Summers were spent swimming in our pool, playing baseball/football/riding bikes or roller blading/other summer things with all the neighborhood boys. My parents got along great. I was def a daddy’s girl – we would talk baseball, football, you name it. Loved my mother – fought a lot with my brother. I was always a good kid, straight A student, never grounded (haha). My parents divorced when I was in my freshman year of high school. I chose to live with my mother, which ultimately led to the feud between my father and I (Even to this day, it’s been since my HS graduation that I’ve talked to him). I became very close with my mother, kinda lost touch with my brother. He went through some hard times and got mixed up with the wrong crowd (but has since straightened out, thankfully). Now my mother is my best friend and my brother is my partner in crime. Throughout high school I had a great circle of friends, was involved in a shit ton of activities, but my favorite was cheerleading. I had a good time in high school, but, hands down, the best years of my life were college.

What do you think contributed to your like/dislike of women or men? Can’t really say I’ve ever thought about this. I guess just the atmosphere of the world – I don’t really know. My mother was always the type that encouraged diversity. She was always very open-minded about “non-traditional” relationships, so I don’t feel my like of men was related to that. As for me hating women (haha), that probably has to do with the fact that most of them bring their drama and cattiness, and those are just two things I have little patience or desire for. I have very few girl friends and a great group of guy friends.

Best Relationship? I can honestly say that none of the relationships I have been in ended in a manner that I could classify them as my “best” relationship. I’m a firm believer that everything ends for a reason – I’m not the type to get back with an ex. There’s a reason why he’s an ex. So, when I find that “best” relationship, the Vag will be the first to know! :wavey:

Worst Relationship? Again, I don’t think any of my relationships were the worst. I got to make mistakes, I got to learn from my mistakes, and I got to grow. I think being able to do those 3 things are amazing. It’s how we evolve as a human being and continue on in life. I’m thankful for every relationship I’ve been in – even if they’ve ended terribly and even if I’m the one who was “done wrong”. I’m glad I got to see how things really can be. Yeah, I can hold grudges (it’s my personality), but that’s as far as it goes. I try not to take misgivings of one relationship into the next. Just because my last ex was secretly jonesing for his best friend behind my back doesn’t mean the next guy will be..

Are your siblings like you at all in their relationships? Oh god – I do not know!!! It’s been quite some time since my brother has been in a relationship. I think he is very guarded and careful about who he gives his heart to because he’s been burned. In a way, he’s kind of like me, because I tend to keep my guard up, but not because I’m afraid of getting burned. I’m just afraid of commitment and I tend to open up a lot slower. I know my brother is looking for something serious now – I’m really not. My brother wants to find someone to marry and have kids with by the time he’s 26. I’m 24, single, and kid-less, so, I’m gonna say we’re pretty different in our love lives! :o

How open minded are you? I’m fairly open-minded. I can be conservative about A LOT, but I’m pretty modern and open minded about many social issues/topics. Sexually, I’m fairly open-minded. I don’t like to stereotype others unless I have a reason to. I like meeting new people, and I like trying new things.

Have you ever been involved in a 3some? Yup – MFM and FMF (or however the hell you want to abbreviate them!) :noes:

What do you look for in another partner? The more older I get, the higher my standards and the more picky I’ve noticed I’ve become. I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing, but, I guess as long as I’m not settling, I can’t hold it against me! The biggest thing I look for is intelligence and a stable personal life/future. Ideally, my partner has been to college. I understand college isn’t for everyone, and some people luck out and find something they are really good at and enjoy. That’s fine. Knowing what you want out of life is important. I hate the guys who can't answer where they see themselves in 10 years. I'm not asking for an exact address, but at least have somewhat of an idea of what you want to be doing with yourself. :squint: Other than that, I’m attracted to guys who are active in things they enjoy, but are willing to try new things. A good sense of humor is key. A good fashion sense is even better. Someone who can take me out dancing Friday night but curl up on the couch with take out and a movie on Saturday. I have a soft spot in my heart for country boys!

Do you think a persons promiscuity or lack there of has to do with their childhood? Hmm.. I don’t know how to answer this without coming across slutty. I’ve had my share of sexual experiences and partners. I think my childhood was great. I loved my childhood. I don’t think what I have chosen in the past to do in my adult life is a direct impact coming from my childhood. My parents divorcing in my teenage years don’t have anything to do with it (commitment issues, maybe..). I think I genuinely enjoy meeting new people and having a good time. It’s possible that I inherited my social personality and flirtiness from my mother, but I don’t think my upbringing really has anything to do with the fact that I enjoy sex. :p

Have you used online sites for the reasons of getting sex or dates or both? Yeah – I’m a big cheerleader for online dating these days. You guys can pull them apart and bad mouth them all you want, but I think as we get older it gets harder to meet people. When you’re in college, you’re always meeting new people. When you’re not in college, for the most part you’re not picking up people at work. Picking up men at the bar (other than for a one night stand) is a very rare occurrence; and, I’m sick of my friends setting me up with all these “perfect” (read: couldn’t be any more wrong) men. So, I figured if I’m being social when I go out and I’m keeping my eyes open in my daily comings and goings, there’s no reason why I should be stereotyped as an anti-social “loser” for having a profile on a dating site. If anything, I’m quite the opposite. I just see it as putting myself out there in as many ways as possible and increasing my dating pool! When you're applying for jobs you don't just read one newspaper's classified - you branch out as much as you can.

What's your favorite body part of the opposite sex? Hands – I LOVE strong hands and arms. My god! There is nothing better than feeling a set of strong hands on your body. Secondarily, I love men’s eyes if they are pretty. I can get lost in pretty eyes. :hsd:

Describe your type of partner? Ahhh.. my partner is amazing! He’s got his shit together, he knows what he wants in life, and he knows what to do to get there. He’s a wonderful cook, enjoys a good glass of wine. At heart, he’s a country boy, so he likes to do manly, outdoorsy things. He’s an avid sports fan, but won’t whine if we go shoe shopping Saturday afternoon. He’s caring, funny, spontaneous, outgoing, social, giving, and likes the finer things in life. And he doesn’t mind that in the fall my Saturday mornings are spent watching college football either with the boys who hooled up on my sofa!

What type of partner you actually date? hahaha.. Ok, no. I’ve been trying to date guys like I mentioned above. I’m just coming to find that in my area those guys do not exist. They always seem to have some flaw that’s a deal breaker like kids, no intelligence, or serious jealousy/trust issues. I’m getting better at smelling these men out though, and I’m standing my ground to not settling for something less than everything just yet.. :hsugh:

Any words of advice for the Vag lurkers? If you’re a man, grow balls!! Don’t pout and whine like a child when your girlfriend wants to go out with her friends for the night. Don’t call or text or incessantly. Don’t play the jealousy card every day of the week, and for goodness sake’s, have your own social life. There’s no need to be a jealous, clingy boyfriend. I’ll let you in on a secret – not all of us women are attracted to someone who feels the need to be attached to us their every free moment.

If you’re single, grow some balls!! Find the courage to approach that girl or ask for her number or ask her for coffee. If you two have flirted/talked/whatever, chances are it’s running through her mind, too, and what do you have to lose? Worst case scenario she says no and you go on with your life. Tomorrow’s another day.

2. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Pics:

Most recent:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few others:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  3. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:bowdown: interview

4. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Excellent interview.

But god damm, you look so much like my ex

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

What made you interested in Deafness?

My gf is an ASL interpreter and goes to Gallaudet. :)

6. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

Polish Crew :h5:

7. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Lol I love how over half of your pics had beer or alcohol involved in them, SP :)

Good read :big grin:

8. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:rofl: Well I've never been down under, so I don't think I'm her!

I changed my college major like crazy my first 2 years, and finally got into Speech Path - which I LOVED until I had my intro to Audiology and Aural Rehab classes. It was then I decided to go to grad school to get my doctorate in Audiology and not a masters in Speech Path. The Deafness minor I kinda just picked up. I know no ASL. I can finger spell very very poorly. I don't know that I'll ever have the motivation to learn ASL any day. Props to the people who know it... :hsd: And Gallaudet is a wonderful school.

:h5: I love it!

:mamoru: But - not in any of them am I holding or drinking the beer or alcohol. :o

9. ForgottenSpiral

Gotcha. I have a friend who is an audiologist and she loves it. I do think it takes a certain type of person though. She is required to know a certain amount of ASL, but she also works at Gally so that probably has something to do with it. I think it would be hard to be an audiologist as so many Deaf people seem to have a negative attitude towards audiologists. :hs:

10. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I think it depends on the area. You live in a very Deaf cultured area, and, yes, they see audiologist as bad people, that the field is out to destroy their culture. Where I am, for example, there are very few deaf people (and even fewer Deaf..), so they're all about the audiologist and hearing aids and cochlear implants. It just depends. Quite honestly, I don't think I could ever handle working in an area/setting in which I had patients/prospective patients with negative views about me/my work. But, people like my friend Jill who has a B.S. in Deaf Ed are perfect to work in and around a Deaf community.

11. ForgottenSpiral

Very true.

You should learn a little ASL though. I mean what if some cute deaf guy comes in? :mamoru:

12. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

:rofl:

Like I said I can fingerspell. I can also tell people I'm thirsty or horny, and I know a few colors an family members. I'll take my chances! ;)

13. D7

D7 OT Supporter

Would you say you approach guys, they approach you or is it equal?

14. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I would say it's about equal. I used to never approach guys, and then I stopped worrying about rejection. Now if I'm out I'll chat 'em up left and right.

15. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Aww Shoeylove Aww <3 <3 <3

Great interview!! I loved it!!

Questions:

Favorite pair of shoes?
    Favorite breakfast cereal?
    Do you play a musical instrument?
    Hump Island: name 'em!!

16. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Favorite pair of shoes: Oh lordy! That's like asking me to chose a limb to amputate!! I have a new favorite pair every week. I bought these last week, so they are my fav as of now!!

Favorite breakfast cereal: I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I guess if I was going to keep my cupboard stalked with cereal I might buy Vanilla Almond Special K or Berry Cheerios (if I'm feeling healthy). My childhood fav though is Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Musical Instrument: Unless the skin flute counts, negative! I'd love to learn how to play guitar though. Seems pretty badass!

Hump Island:
    1. Bret Michaels
    2. Bret Favre
    3. Taye Diggs
    4. Kirk Herbstreit
    5. Billy Ray Cyrus (recent, not mullet style)

17. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Skin Flute huh?
    :naughty:

In to be played. Haha.

18. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

toot toot toot toot

19. Lucky Penny

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: took me a second to figure out what you were talking about :rofl::rofl::rofl:

20. Lucky Penny

Nice hump Island, btw :h5:

21. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

that's all that matters in life :mamoru:, cept maybe u need to know how to say hungry too.

Great interview. Need more awesome chicks like you out there.

What's your favorite type of place to pick up men?

22. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Hmm.. I don't know I have a favorite place to pick up guys. I hate picking up guys at the bar though, I know that. I always end up encountering the sleaze balls.

23. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

That is only by sheer coincidence :mamoru:

24. Joshua

Joshua ambition over everything OT Supporter

fixed answer

25. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

joshua you're not famous, otherwise you would've been #1 on my hump island obvi :love: