V6 Mustang: Flowmaster exhaust Question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Rampage575, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Rampage575

Rampage575 New Member

So i am the the web page:

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/Exhaust.html

It allows you to buy flowermaster 2 and 3 chamber mufflers. What is the difference?

Also...if i just buy one or the other and install it myself would it give me a better grumble sound? I dont care about horsepower or anything there...or even the duel exhaust looks. I also dont want it to be louder....just a more throaty sound. Will one or the other do it for me?

Thanks guys.

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

The 2 chamber only has 2 chambers that the exhaust flows through, the 3 chamber has 3. The 2 chamber will be louder than the 3. I like the 3 chambers better, especially if the motor isn't built up.

You might also consider Borla. I have a set of Borla muffs on my Mustang, and they sound pretty good. They're a lot deeper than the Flows, they also flow better since they're a straight-through design instead of chambered like Flows are.

3. bigsteve7

bigsteve7 OT Supporter

If you dont want to worry about interior resonance, but still want the trademark flowmaster sound, look into the delta series mufflers. You can get them from Summit or Jegs. They basically just have a few extra baffles to keep the interior noise down some.

4. AcidAngel_5.0

AcidAngel_5.0 Pure 0wnage

if you want quiet then go 3 chamber
    2 chambers will be a lil louder but not real loud.. you want the lobe sound.. you will get a little but not what you are looking for.. the throating sound more easily comes with a v8, the v6 is more like a.. hm.. hard to explain what it is

5. Moloko

Moloko New Member

I believe the sound they are looking to describe is....

A 6 cyl mustang or gm 6cyl sounds like a 4cyl inside a metal garbage can.