v6 camaro aftermarket

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Big'Un, May 29, 2003.

1. Big'Un

Big'Un "Just once i would like to dine at an American pin

does anyone know if anybody offers a heads/cam/intakes package for the 3.4l camaro v6? or where i can find them serperately

2. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

Probably check out Lunati, or Comp Cams. I know that Powerdyne makes a supercharger for them, but with the 3.4ltr, it's really not worth upgrading, you would be better off, picking up a 3.8ltr, and building that up, then doing a swap.

3. GhostZ

GhostZ Guest

Honestly if you are looking to go fast, you might want to think about trading in the 3.4. We had a guy locally who spent countless hours and dollars on H/C/I, headers, nitrous, etc ad infinitum and in the end it was just not worth it nor was he nearly as fast as he thought or wanted to be.

4. Big'Un

well, supersixmotorsports.com makes a power pack, heads, intakes and a cam...which is supposed to be good for appx 70 hp....then i upgrade the chip, fuel system, ignition, and do the basic bolt one I/H/E, then toss a 100 shot of n2o and i should scoot...i mean, lets say 160hp stock, then well just say 240ish after the powerpack,fuel pump,and chip, plus I/H/E i should be looking at close to 255-260 ish NA....then 100 shot n2o and im runnin low high 12's?

5. chefinator

chefinator New Member

6. Big'Un

i thought it might be cool to build a fast v6....it could be worse..i could be building a HONDA..lol No i hada v6 camaro before and im thinking about getting another and i was just curious what kinda aftermarket there was....i might get a z but im not sure yet

7. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

Problem with the 3.4 is that it's intake manifold is restrictive, fuel system is limited, and the general design of the engine is not performance oriented. You can make it faster, but for the money you will spend, you could probably swap in a better engine. Best thing to do is to total up you're cost to upgrade the 3.4, and then go online to find a complete 3.8. The 3800 series engine is not only plentiful, but cheap to get ahold of, and a much better starting point for a fast V6.

8. Big'Un

yeah..thats true...i may just buy a camaro with the 3.8 already in it...like a 96 or 97 i think

9. chefinator

chefinator New Member

if u put money into that V6 the V8 would still compete and your would be :fawk:ed

10. Titus

Titus New Member

11. pt

pt New Member

IBengineswap

12. 85Firebird

85Firebird Guest

13. Nitrostang

Nitrostang Guest

For the 3.4 That might be Tough...But you might wanna Try www.supersixmotorsports.com

BTW I it's cool your building your 6...Right now i got a 2001 V6 mustang...Just hit a 13.9 at 101.98..But next time she should hit 13.3....Hey not stunning number but better then stock