v551 question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Matt550, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

I bought a v551 about 1 month ago w/cingular, i had to exchange that phone cause the screen would turn white and not do anything for a few minutes, anyways...... I got another v551 and the battery life is crappy. It completley drains after 2 days with little use. I thought i remembered a battery save option so i looked in the manual, sure enough there is. But this option is not on my phone! is it on some v551'a and not others? should i take this one back to? i hate taking phones back that cant look good on my account. Any ideas or help would be great! Thanks

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i think those books are used for more phones than just one. i think they are for all v300-620 phones in general. with that being said, maybe one of those phones has it and yours doesnt. do you run bluetooth all the time?

3. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

ive never ran bluetooth on it. I thought the first v551 i got had this option on it, unless im thinking of a different phone. I'll just stop by a Cingular store tomorrow and see what they say, thanks for the help!

4. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Very common. I replace batteries on this phone several times a day. Seems whatever they changed in the firmware to stop the white-screen has just destoryed battery life. Nothing's gonna help either. Get used to it or get another phone :sad2:
    Also, check your antenna about once a week, they LOVE to unscrew on you and you wont notice til you try to make a call without it

I really don't understand the hype of this phone. My advise to you would be to return it if you are within your 30 day return policy and go with a different phone (NOT an LG, you'll hate yourself within the first 5 minutes of owning it)

The v400 might be a good choice if you don't use the bluetooth and can do without the video. Its also not got the EDGE capability, but from the sounds of it, you don't use your phone in that way.

I haven't seen any internal memos on the new battery life of the v551 but if I find something I'll pass it along. Cingular is usually behind on relaying info to us at the corp. stores

5. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

I get 30 more days on this new v551 i got right? cause is been a little over 30 days (12/05/04) since the first v551 w/the white screen issues i had to take back. I did the exchange on 12/31/04

6. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

glad i decided to just tolerate the occasional whitescreens (which, at least in my case, have always been banished by simply closing and re-opening the phone).

7. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

I stopped in the Cingular store today, the guy said his v551 has been getting about the same battery life (2 days) he switched out the battery for me. Im not to worried about it anymore since i know to expect 2 days. Just kinda hard to to go from 4-5 days battery life down to 2 days. Anyways thank you everyone for your help!

8. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

:werd:

Moto really needs to step up their QC. They have been putting out shit for the past year. You would think they could get the software bugs under control