v2 premiere boot floppy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hyedipin, May 4, 2006.

1. hyedipin

hyedipin New Member

Hello Everyone,

Good to be here, I was wondering if anyone bought v2 premiere from shop NBC before, because my computer crashed... again! (after being serviced twice for processor, and finally being replaced for malfunctioning) it finally died, I suspect hard drive damage.

I used to have a boot floppy, which basically activated a hidden partition in the hard drive, and accessed the ghost image in that partition to restore the computer, now I lost it.

Does anyone have this floppy on hand?

Thanks in advance.

2. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

isn't v2 premier the brand of the computer?

was the program called magic folders?

3. hyedipin

hyedipin New Member

Yes, v2 is the brand, I was hoping someone bought the same brand from shop NBC and had the floppy..

I was going nuts! I finally found the floppy, only to realize that IT IS FAULTY... What would you expect.. The floppy is not working, or getting recognized at all. I also found the motherboard CD and drivers install CD, but I need the floppy to access the hidden partition.
    It says System Restore Software or something like that on it! I was going to take it with me today to try at work, but I forgot to bring it, to see if maybe my floppy drive was bad.

I used partition magic, and saw that the 2 GB partion was inactive and hidden with a weird file format. When I activated it nothing happened.
    I am totally stuck.

If I cannot get it from anywhere, I will end up reformatting the drive and installing win 2K. :(

Thanks.

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter