GUN Utah CFP, why so popular?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cjj92yj, Nov 19, 2007.

1. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_7467543
    http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPFAQ/FAQOther.html

I'm sure part of it's due to the reciprocity agreements, but any other reasons Utah is "the most sought-after weapon permit in America?" I'm sure this changes from time to time. I know we had a huge influx right after the Trolley Square mall shooting this spring. I'm sure that's a huge part.

2. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

People in Utah have a big problem with doing whatever is popular at the time. A bandwagon starts and people there stampede to jump on.

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

So what is the difference between reciprocity and states "recognizing" the permit?

4. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

Interesting. Maybe I've never noticed this since I live here. My reason for recently obtaining a permit are obvious protection reasons. Not because everyone else was doing it. Although that could be the case.

True, there are a ton of out-of-state permit holders. What would be their motive for wanting a Utah permit. I know we have a lot of tourism here.

5. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

The whole reason for getting a Utah non-res permit is that it has the greatest reciprocity of all states, with maybe the exception on Florida, and I think it's cheaper.

Utah covers like 35 states iirc. I've got one

6. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Its mainly reciprocity. That and you can get the permit without even having to be present in person in Utah.
    Lots of states won't do that.

7. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

I got mine in 2004 and had several friends argue with the need of having it at the time. That whole Trolley Square business went down and those same friends were suddenly clamoring to get theirs.

It absolutely has to do with the level of reciprocity that goes along with a Utah permit and it's relative ease to get, I just like finding reasons to bash my previous stomping ground.

:bigthumb:

8. cjj92yj

cjj92yj Guest

I can understand the reciprocity I suppose. Why pay for one for each state if you can get Utah's permit for $70 +/- and end up with 33 states. :)

You wanna bash Utah, go right ahead. I live here, but I don't claim to be from here. :hsugh:;)

9. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

I lived there 10 years, move to AZ, that's what I ended up doing.