GUN USPSA was good to me today: vids

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Sep 14, 2009.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

My Open gun is getting tuned for next months Area 4 match, so decided to mess around in some Limited 10 today. Didn't do too bad considering I was up all night puking and shitting a chocolate river. Thank you Imodium AD! :bowdown: nga gotta shoot ya know.

Spanked some Master class Open shooters with my skinny gun today and took 1st overall in Limited10, I would have won all of Limited as well. Not bad for a single stack 1911 in .45 acp and a bunch of 10 rounders. :mamoru: Who the fuck needs an open gun? :mamoru:

[y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YlLJN1BGDFI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YlLJN1BGDFI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/y]

2. copeland

copeland smarter than you

Great Vid to watch. They always make me wonder how I would stand up to competition/competing against you.

How do you make the fast target acquisition? Have you developed a technique?

I've done Simunition training for work and I realize how difficult shooting moving targets (people) on the move is. Would you say a majority of your performance and results come from studying the course of fire?

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

Having a good plan for attacking a COF is 1 of 3 legs to a "stool". And they are:

1. Having a plan.
    2. Ability to execute a plan on the clock/when it counts.
    3. Having the "skillset" to actually execute the plan.

As with a stool, you take any of those 3 away, and you have nothing to sit on.

Coming up with a plan is the easiest thing that I do out there. My bread and butter is my movement, ability to put accurate shots on target while on the move and transitions. There's no special pill to take for those, just long hours.

couple of pointers to shooting on the move:

1. While I'm engaging targets one way, my feet are always moving towards my next position. Feet go one way, and your head and shoulders are towards your target.

2. Heel, toe, heel toe.

3. Stay "low".

4. "Drive" the gun.

4. JRucker2004

JRucker2004 New Member

1911 FTW!

[​IMG]

Nice vid and some outstanding shooting, man. I wish you lived closer, so I could go shooting with you and get some pointers. :bowdown:

I'm not bad with a rifle, ended up 2nd in irons on Saturday at Practical Rifle with my 10.5" sbr, but I still have a lot of learning to do when it comes to pistols.

5. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

They have the scores from this month's PR up?

Would've gone, but i was recovering from swine flu and going to a wedding. Two of my acquaintances from my magpul class went to this months match, i wanna see how they did.

6. seismic

seismic New Member

Awesome!

7. JRucker2004

JRucker2004 New Member

Yeah, I was in the same squad as two guys from the magpul class (not sure if they were the same guys or not, but I beat both of them :))
    scores: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tDFCEImQECwLbbR6x1uESaA&single=true&gid=0&output=html

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

lol, outstanding.

Man, I'll be down in OR again soon to shoot a match, we'll definitely hook up.