GUN USPSA Match Videos

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Jan 12, 2009.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

Probably one of my best club match finishes ever. Although I took 2nd, it was within a strong field of A class and Master shooters. Which makes it sweeter.

Finished 2nd place, 93% in Open behind a bad ass Master Class shooter and the point spread between me and him was not very big at all. I could have taken 1st overall had I not bombed my first stage (took 4 shots to drop a really close steel popper and had 2 Mikes) I also beat a couple of veteran A class shooters and B class shooters. I wasn't too sure how the gun would react as I re sprung it to a lighter set up before the match and didn't get a chance to test it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7MbkegZJU&feature=channel_page

Market Garden also did very well finsihing 2nd in his Division.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDdMP3AQGSo&feature=channel_page

My high from this small victory was short lived. When me and Market got on the road and in my car, I check my phone and see my wife had called me 10 times, which she will never do usually. I found out my little brother in law had gotten attacked at a party by some drunk and was stabbed 5 times and was in the ER all morning. He was walking out of a party, and some guy that was being asked to leave and was already outside attacked my brother as he was walking out of the party from behind. Stabbed him in the head, 3 times in the back near his liver and in his arm.

Little brother is a savage and will live through it as he's a strong kid. But I couldn't help but lose it when I saw him in the state he was in yesterday.

His friend was also stabbed 3 times trying to help him, once in the armpit and twice in the gut. They caught the guy and he's looking at some serious time.

2. Glad to hear he'll be ok. That's really some fucked up shit though.

3. thebox

thebox New Member

i fucking hope so

:sadwavey:

4. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Hopefully the bad guy gets "stabbed" whilst doing time. Sorry to hear about that AB, but congrats on tearing up the match. My thoughts are with your BIL in hopes that he makes a speedy recovery.

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Congrats on the match, and terribly sorry to hear about your fam.

That's some crazy shit. Guy just attacked him and started stabbing? WTF?

Dumbfucks like that are why I stopped hanging out at the majority of the "college" type bars/parties. People are absolute idiots these days.

6. I was rather unpopular back in the day, which thankfully limited my exposure to these kind of parties. The few that I went to were pretty ridiculous, and it always seems like this type of shit is just waiting to surface.

7. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Is this when you started wearing those tight jeans you stole from Laurel??:mamoru::mamoru::mamoru:

I kid, I kid.

Unfortunately, things have gotten crappy around here (NKY/Cinci). Honestly, I blame the UFC type culture, as it's always some asshole in a Tapout/Affliction shirt I see trying to cause problems. Some of the bars I used to frequent are now populated by these guys, who all just sit and stare at each other waiting for someone to inadvertantly get pushed into them or something. It's completely absurd.

Over thanksgiving I heard a story of one of these guys getting his face smashed in, which I'm not too proud to say amused me greatly. Afliction dude was apparently waaay drunk and had already been kicked out twice from a T-day party. Started a fight in the parking lot with some younger guy who tried to get in his car and drive away. Douchebag opened the door, and the driver jacked him straight in the face with a set of brass knuckles and knocked him the fuck out. Broke his orbital, nose, and gave him a concussion. My buddy was the EMT on call, and was the one patching him up. Apparently this guy was so infamous that he was being heckled by a large group of people as he was loaded up into the ambulance. Last he heard the property owners were filing charges against the guy.

Anyways, justice does prevail in some cases.

8. I wore baggier jeans yesterday. :sadwavey:

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

My very best copper buddy who is LAPD homicide detective is one of the most bad ass mother fuckers I know. Not physically imposing but there is something about his manerisms that instantly makes people back down.

One time we were at some concert. One of my buddies who is kind of a idiot and likes to crowd surf asked some MMA wanabe looking idiots to lift him. They instead socked him up. Later we found him nursing a fat lip and some sore ribs. He later pointed these dudes out to us and they were pretty big. My copper buddy walks right out to them talks to them for about 20 seconds and they all leave without saying a word. No flashing a badge or gun or anything. Did not think that much of it at the time.

Another time at a night match I won a hand held flashlight stage. This LAPD Swat guy gets in my face about my flashlight technique (reverse harris). Says I'm not tactical as if I did a regular harris and some guy got up close he could jab with the flashlight. He then procedes to to make very aggressive flashlight jabbing tmotions in my face. My copper buddy tells me to back off. Gets in a reverse harris stance and tells swat mofo "get in my face and lets see how many times you get kicked". Swat dude smirks and walks off without saying any more. My copper buddy called him 3 kinds of pussy as he walked off.

10. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

MG looking at your vid did you need to make all those pick up shots? Thinking you need to "see" and call your shots more. To me it looks like the shot was probably there you just are second guessing yourself. Watch the sights lift. If you saw them lift trust they are there. If you did not see them lift then make you pick up shot immediately before you transistion to next target.

11. Are you talking about the first part of the vid? There were 2 targets, and I actually missed them with all 4 shots. :eek4: At least my 4 pickup shots were alphas.

12. AB13

AB13 New Member

I agree, you need to learn how to call your shots, something I haven't really gone into detail and shown you yet. Actually "see" your front sight life.

Only thing worst than a miss.. is a slow miss.

Also, in rehearsal, actually rehears your movement. I know shooting with the super squad yesterday gets you going, but shoot within your comfort.

Like I've said, 100% in practice, and 80% at a match. You are making good progress, just don't pick up any bad habbits. Practice your entry and exit strategy movement to flow more smoothly and stick to your plan and don't bail out so early. I saw that you deviated from your plan on a number of the COF's.

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Actaully it was the whole vid. You take a lot of pick up shots. That usually means your not seeing enough to call the shot. Now when I say seeing i don't mean your sight alignement before you broke the shot. I'm talking about what you see after the shot breaks. Do not confuse this with looking to see steel drop or looking for holes in paper. What your looking for is to confirm your sights were on targets as they lift in recoil

14. nakedbrian3433

nakedbrian3433 I don't have time to bleed. OT Supporter

Was this at Paul Bunyan in Puyallup?

BTW- Sorry to hear about the family.

15. Yeah, it was at Paul Bunyan.

16. Calling shots is something that I have to work on. I've been working on my reloads and managing them so I don't find myself standing still while I'm reloading. I was pretty happy with that this match.

17. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I need to work on calling my shots too.

Any good drills or practice routines you guys use? I'm stuck in a rut where my eyes move faster than my gun, which is causing me to pull shots. I'm much faster when I'm slower, which is depressing to me.

18. nakedbrian3433

Dammit... thats just a hop, skip, and a jump away from my house.

Why wasn't I informed about this? :squint:

19. They have matches every month. If you're interested in getting started in competition shooting take a look at IDPA. It's less equipment-intensive and a much more laid back atmosphere. All you really need to get started is a pistol, 3 magazines, a holster, a mag pouch for 2 mags, safety glasses, hearing protection, and ammo. There are IDPA matches every month in Renton at the Renton Fish and Game Club. The next IDPA match is this coming Saturday @ 10:00.

20. nakedbrian3433

21. Yeah.

22. AB13

AB13 New Member

If you want to get involved with USPSA, shoot me a PM. I'm the Match Director for USPSA at Renton and I'll need to do a Safety Check before you can shoot at any USPSA match.

Either or, but IDPA is easier to start. Me and Market should be there this Saturday. If you want to shoot, bring a gun, holster, at least 3 mags, a mag pouch, 100 rounds and $15. Eye's and ears and an open mind.

23. Laurel

Laurel New Member

If you're using a full size glock and you're a lefty, you can use my Uncle Mike's holster, or if you're using a glock, you could borrow my mag pouches. :)

24. The mag pouch that you have for the 10mm is for larger mags than the 9mm and .40 use.

25. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Oh. Well then. Nevermind. :o