GUN USPSA match Videos 11-9-08

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Nov 10, 2008.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

MG met me at my house and we carpooled to Paul Bunyan. They were forecasting rain but they never materialized, my kind of day to shoot some run and gun.

I shot my SVI 9mm Major open pistol for the second shake down match. I made some adjustments to my ammo and the ammo ran great. Had an issue with extraction, but should be an easy fix. Now time for a tune session with some springs, tune my extractor a little and the thing should run like a beast. Looking forward to 09 season.

[y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPjbY2e_vUI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kPjbY2e_vUI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/y]

Market Garden shooting Limited 10 with his STI Spartan:

[y]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUvEn3y7Pys&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUvEn3y7Pys&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/y]

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

So what's the word on open class?

Most fun you can have keeping your clothes on? Ready to put up all your other guns?

(Help me out here, I'm looking for encouragement to spend money I don't have;))

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I thought obama had already banned uspsa :mamoru:

4. The videos make me look much better than I was today. I did some sad shooting.

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

Not that I don't already love shooting USPSA, but it's like a whole new ball of wax shooting Open. I shoot and am classified every automatic division in both USPSA and IDPA, this is the most fun of all. I can totally see myself staying in Open division until I get to Master, then I'm going to get a brand new custom build Open gun and keep shooting it.

Night and day difference, it's run and gun at it's best.

Now comes all the magic with tuning, but this thing's a beast. And I think it's time to get a little serious and see what I'm really capable of. Stay tuned. :)

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

*sigh* It's only money........ Right?

I just interviewed for a sys analyst position at JPMorgan.... so if that works out I'll likely be joining the ranks. I want to shoot fast, have cool guns, get mad bitches and make cool videos like you and Yar do tooooo :wtc:.

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

You can't take money with you when you die. =)

Doooo eeeet. For the mad bitches yo'.

8. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

im debating what direction to take my STI. got the frame/slide fitted. but i think i might just keep it as is and use it for fun shoots at the range or when i go off and practice... no point in making a race gun if i dont race right? lol.

9. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

so, was this good or bad?

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

Dude, you have a 69' Camaro shell and your debating a V6 or V8? What do you think I would say?

Go big or go home. Trust me, if you've never shot an Open gun, it's just as fun to plink with.

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

huh?

12. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

lol, i've shot plenty. my gunsmith is pretty much known for his open guns (eddie jimenea)... all my extra money lately though has been going to moar ammo... unfortunately we gotta have ammo in order to shoot :(

but nice videos btw. market garden did some good shootin too, not sure why he peaks at his holster as he draws though.

13. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah, ammo is another big and cool reason to shoot Open, no more hoarding brass. 9mm major = win! I get Montana Golds for $75 for 1k, which is really good for a ballin bullet. And I have plenty of brass for 9mm.

profit