MIL USMC Reserves Officer Questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mav2005, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Mav2005

Mav2005 New Member

Hi everyone, I am interested in applying for a commission in the USMC Reserves, but I have a few questions.

1)I am red/green color deficient and I know that this condition will limit which MOS I am allowed to perform. Based on my research, I haven't found anything that states that deficient color vision is a direct disqualification for USMC OCS. However, I am wondering if deficient color vision would reduce the competitiveness of an applicant?

2)I was reviewing form 2807 (medical prescreen) and box 16 asks if the applicant has ever seen a psychiatrist or psychologist. I was court ordered at eleven years old to see a psychologist due to divorce. No medications issued and no mental illness. Would I need a waiver?

Thanks!

2. snoodles

snoodles New Member

neither should be a problem. you may have to get a psychiatric evaluation if anything.

3. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

Talk to an OSO. They can answer those questions very easily.

Yes, being color blind is going to limit you quite a bit and could play into selection if you are not cream of the crop candidate.

As for the waiver, most likely depends on what you were in for and if you were prescribed any medication or at least that is what I remember them saying when they asked me.