WEB Using web templates v.professionalism

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Franchise, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Franchise

Franchise New Member

Just want to get some of your thoughts regarding using premade webtemplates. My web design skills are horrible and find it way easier just using and modifying premade templates, also dead broke to hire a web designer.

How professional is it using a premade template for a website that you want to be taken seriously, I.E. potentially make some money off of (mainly ads)? Do you think anyone will notice at the bottom of the page the little "webpage template downloaded @ blahblahblah"?

2. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

If I come across a site that's trying to be serious and see the same design on another site I find it unprofessional. I'm not much of a designer, but since I can't design, I take my ideas from templates or existing designs and modify them accordingly. Thus, my finished product doesn't resemble a site that's been seen elsewhere.

I know Photoshop, I just can't think creatively in a design sense.

3. Franchise

Franchise New Member

This is the main factor that would leave me contemplating this. The average user may not know/care even and when/if the website takes off then you can change it up and hire someone.

4. professional-li

professional-li New Member

Yours is the stance I take! I dont think most people that dont develop webpages even know what a template is.

I believe it is an affordable way to start. Why sink so much of your budget into the site if you can get away with not.

So long as you know how to customize it by adding your images SEO options and other goodies you'll be good.

Regards,

5. NPH

NPH Guest

some of those sites tell you how many have.. but I've found out that many of these template websites go by different names and many share the same templates. It's like an affiliate program or something.