A&P Using photoshop on digital pictures

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by lefty, Jul 16, 2002.

1. lefty

lefty I :heart: music

I don't know if this is a controversal subject or not but I see no problems with using photoshop to either adjust the levels or edit out something undesirable.

At first I thought that I shouldn't touch the virgin image from the camera. I felt like it would be cheating or something like that. But, the more I thought about it, it seems like I should feel free to use all the tools I have to enhance my pictures. Afterall it's my art and it should look the way I want.

Of course I'd never make major changes. But if there's a beer can in the lake, why not just get rid of it?

2. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

I agree

Just croping an inamge a lot of times totaly changes it.

3. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

I use PSP to adjust the brightness and contrast, because my digi-cam is the point and shoot type. The manual option isn't that great.

I really don't use PSP to edit stuff out.

4. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

i have no problem manipulating my images in photoshop... that's what it's designed for...

5. j_woody

j_woody OT Supporter

if u have the skills to use photshop or psp use it. it is not like it is cheating and u just push a button and it makes your pictures good, you gotta have skills to use those programs

6. Dubtastic

Dubtastic { OG }

Today is a digital age, my friend, and using Photoshop to enhance your images is a good thing. At least in my opinion.

I had limited exposure to traditional photography & development while in college. That basically means we developed our own film once. Once I got my hands on a digital camera, I loved it! I often times bring the image into Photoshop to perform digital darkroom work that could not otherwise be done.

7. Photographers have always altered the 'virgin' image whilst in the darkroom. We can just do more with digital images.

8. sporff

sporff We're rotten fruit. We're damaged goods.

agreed that it's okay to use it.. but to an extent. a lot of people, i've noticed, rely waaaay too much on PSing the picture to make up for bad pictures.

9. VicLmech

VicLmech Guest

My most frequent editing is cropping and adjusting brightness levels.

But little nuisances can also be easily edited out. I wouldn't hesitate to edit out a stain on a shirt if I had an excellent portrait.

10. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

I say feel free to adjust your picture to get it the way you want it. But if you edit, and it looks really nice, don't tell everyone "look how good my camera takes pics" get the point across its photoshoped.