Using my iPod on my new MBP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maffy29, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So my new MBP should be here in a few days. I currently use my iPod on my PC where all my music is. If I choose to move all my music to the MBP, can I hook up my iPod and continue with it like I have? Or will I need to reformat it for use on a Mac?

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing

2. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

you'll have to reformat the ipod, but here's what you do:

put the MBP on your network.
    on your PC, set up sharing on whatever drive has your music
    on the MBP, in finder do Go --> Connect to Server, then enter the IP address of the PC

then just drag the music onto your macbook, add to library, format the ipod and you're good to go.

3. notwist

notwist Active Member

I had the same question. I suppose it's not possible to copy the Library on the PC to the Mac (so I can connect my iPod to my Mac instead of my PC) but not make a duplicate of it on the Mac. Or is it? My PC has considerably more disk space than my notebook so I was just originally planning on keeping my iPod sync'd to my PC machine.

4. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

so I haven't had two machines to test this out with, but I remember hearing something about iTunes 7 finally letting you pair your iPod with multiple machines, as long as they both share the same iTunes Store account. So maybe you don't have to copy files if you're running iTunes 7 on both machines :dunno: I have no idea how syncing works though.