Using iPhoto...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Jul 18, 2007.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I've never really used iPhoto but I'm starting to. For a while I was using it only to get pics off my cameras. I manually organize my photos in folders with the date and quick description of that date. I've been doing this for years and like it cause I'm used to it.

I really want to start using iPhoto for pictures I want on my iPod and for a quick way of showing people photos. So I'm still going to organize all pics I take my original way, then put choice pics into iPhoto.

Since I'm just starting to use iPhoto, I don't really have a organization system down. For iTunes, I could organize MP3s in my sleep. So I'm curious to hear how you organize your photos and your photos in iPhoto.

Do you make albums going by the subject of the photo? By the event? Both? Do you change the filenames before putting them in iPhoto? Can someone give me an example of how they use Smart Albums?

Thanks.

2. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

I put everything by event.
    so my european vacation has it's own album, my trip to the beach has it's own album, friends grad....etc..

3. Tvan

Tvan New Member

Yea, I organize by event and then group them by year.

4. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

I never got used to iPhoto, using aperture ever so slowly