using images in illustrator? help me please

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MattyCakes, Sep 23, 2008.

1. MattyCakes

MattyCakes Guest

hi guys i realize that i cannot manipulate images in illustrator as it is a vector based program so thats not my question. what i am wondering is, i have a vector layout that i would like to add an image to. i am looking for a way to use the image without that stupid white bounding box that surrounds the cutout of what i would like to use.

i am thinking i need to use the pen tool in photoshop and then convert to an object in illustrator so i get that floating image without the bounding box correct?

any suggestions would be great thanks

2. MattyCakes

MattyCakes Guest

no one?

3. hawk_196

hawk_196 Light Yourself on Water

:confused: I'm not sure what you mean by the white bounding box?

Do you just not like it there? You can change the color of the paths and the bounding box in illustrator depending on what color the layer is that the object is on, so you could do that.

Is it showing up in the final print? In photoshop, you can deselect paths by going to the paths palette and unclicking the path that is showing up. In Illustrator, just click somewhere else on the image.

But if it is really bothering you, you could place the image in Illustrator, draw the paths or whatever you plan to do, delete the picture and then save the file. Then, go to photoshop and import the .ai file as a smart object into the picture you want to use. That might help I suppose, but then again, I don't know what your problem is really..

Could you take a screenshot perhaps??

4. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

you could also open the image in photoshop, trace it with the pen tool, set that as a clipping path, then save the image as an EPS file and open it in illustrator, that should give you what youre looking for.

for more information google "photoshop clipping path"