Using external monitors

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ok_computer, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

He, I just bought a 26inch monitor to use for my photo editing, and I have a couple questions:

1- How can I use the 26in as my primary screen? Only way I can see to do this is to mirror the screens, and when I do that it sticks my 26in at 1440x900 like my MBP screen

2- Are there any programs I should be using to make this smoother/easier/more intuitive? I know when using dual monitors on my PC I had a program controlling it rather than my PC, but I trust mac must have something similar built in to OSX

2. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

well i just realized I can drag the toolbar over.. that fixes question #1

3. Deepsix

Deepsix OT Supporter

you can run it closed lid too. just plug it all in, close the lid and wake it up with a bluetooth mouse or usb peripheral. this might need to be enabled though, i dont know where to find that option.

i dont know of any programs that will aid in having an external monitor, but ive used ultramon for pc and havent found a need to find something similar to mac. you can set the positions of the displays and have separate wallpapers for each monitor, so i dont know what else you could want.