Using arrow keys to navigate 'Save, Don't Save, Cancel' window?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iridium130, Jun 24, 2008.

1. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

Anybody know how to enable the use of the arrows when you get a warning prompt (ie save, dont save, cancel or yes, no, cancel)?

I remember somebody posted how to do this a long time ago and it's driving me crazy trying to figure it out :mad:

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Not sure about the arrows but you can press Command-D to select Don't Save, Esc to Cancel, and Enter to Save.

3. DeepRun™

DeepRun™ Guest

In the keyboard settings pref pane turn on "full keyboard access". This will let you tab to the different buttons or in some cases hit the space bar to select the unhighlighted one if there are only 2.

You must use spacebar in every case to select the one you tab to. Hitting return will always select the solid highlighted option.

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
    i have been looking for something like this for a long time, i don't know why i didn't look in the keyboard options screen.

i had been having trouble with firefox because it would never let me tab into a drop down box (ex: state or surname etc)

5. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

apple-period works for cancel a lot of times too :cool: that's an old school mac keyboard shortcut

6. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Thanks, man!