SRS Using/Alcoholism

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by T.I., Dec 10, 2008.

1. T.I.

T.I. New Member

So I have now been off meth for Eight weeks and three days. I have almost forgotten the rush, and I haven't even considered going back even once. I have been sober from alcohol since Halloween, which was my last overdose. It's been over a month sober now, but I am embarassed to go back to AA. I was sober for three months, earlier this year, and I'm embarassed to go back - as I still have some scarring around my face from picking, etc. I am scared to drink again, but being the Holiday season, I am PLANNING on going on a massive binge this weekend. I just don't understand how to be happy sober? I really want an escape just for a night, and I am sonsidering either getting zooted, or maybe doing some xanax or something. I don't know, I just need a rush....SOMETHING, ANYTHING. What can I do? I feel like sober life is so dull, once you've experienced the world of...

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

Addiction is like anything else, you have to learn to do it, and then you have to learn to do without it.

It sounds like you dont want to use anymore, but can't help yourself. That's exactly how active addiction was for me. And you know as well as I do, the next time you use wont be the last time if you do it. Isn't it amazing how our using doesnt even stay "social" in our heads before we even do it.

NA worked for me better than AA. People understood the things i felt. It's only promise is you dont have to us again if you dont want to.